Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DONT DO DRO IF VSO ASKS

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

SO MIAN POINT WAS ,,, DO NOT DO A DRO REVIEW IF YOUR SERVICE VET REP SAYS GO FOR APPEAL.  THIS IS REAL BIG.... THIS MEANS IM SAYING TO ALL VETS TO SKATE  OUT OF THE DRO REVIEW ... NOW,,, IF SOMEONE TOLD YOU THAT YOU CAN WIN WITH THE DRO THEN OK BUT,,,, YOU ARE ONLY SMART TO TO SIGN THE I9 PUSHING IT TO BOARD OF VETERANS APPEALS., REASON IS,,,, ONCE YOU DO THAT THE RO WILL SAY OH xxxx,,,, THEN THEY WILL PUSH FOR ALL OF TYPES OF HEARINGS BUT AT SAME TIME KEEP YOUR PLACE ON DOCKET. SO,, SAY F-U TO DRO REVIEW THEN FILE YOUR FORM 9 AND LET THE RO DEAL WITH YOU AS YOU ASK FOR A PRINT OUT OF YOUR SUBSTANTIATED APPEAL. THIS WORKS FOLKS.. THATS WHY IM SAYING IT... THE ABSOLUTE MAIN POINT FOR BEGINERS IS THAT YOU REALLY WANT YOUR DOCKET NUMBER NOT YOUR DRO REVIEW. IM JUST TRYING TO HELP.!

7 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

Same here, but it was worth it. Face-to-face with review officer netted me an on the spot approval for a CUE as well as IU.

L, allansc, and Buck.

Claire McCaskills office did nothing, but I was sent to her by Richard Blumenthal Ranking Member, but it was a waste of time, and they could not get my records either. The VFW and DAV could not get them, so the FOIA Requests are useless. They are paper jokes. 

I have been waiting on a face to face DRO since Jan 16 2016, with no date in sight.

victor ray

6 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Welcome to the VA Claim process   so get your mind in the right thought process and be ready for  a denial and be prepared for it...be ready to fight for your benefit's like most of us have to do.

If you get denied first time around  or any round always Appeal it never let them win, a lot of the claims depend on what type claim it is, if you have straight forward evidence in black & white and Dr' opinion in your favor  file that claim  and fight for it  its your right to fight for your benefit's(we should not need to do this but) just saying.

I have notice when a veteran has a long drawn out claim and  tons of paper work submitted I believe just my opinion  this is when the Raters  DRO's and even the C&P Examiner  don't read all of it and some parts of your evidence is crucial for a approval decision (obviously)....& you get ''denied''.you can still appeal  but when you file a claim get the evidence that will be  directly beneficial to your claim and file that and try to keep it short as you can, especially if your filing more than one claim.

when the raters have a well prepared claim in front of them and its all organized and paged numbered  (see page # 2  see Dr Smith Letter  ect,,ect,, this makes it a lot better for the rater  and usually you will be approved (usually) not always but your chances are a lot better for an approval.

(The Heart of your claim is Medical Evidence)

We can't do anything about them not reading our evidence or the main part of it  for an approval,so  Appeal it if denied   b/c we can still use that evidence if they don't read it  that means it was not used in the decision  so always remember that.

It should not take as long to adjuicate a claim like it does and hopefully this new Administration will do something about it...if enough veterans complain about the way were treated and the backlog of Claims to the  New VA Secretary   maybe things will start to change at the VA.

if your denied for whatever reason Always Appeal ....you will win eventually  time is our only enemy.

jmo

Buck.

I was told not to appeal that last decision because she (VA employee) was putting me in for reconsideration. That made sense, but I don't know? I have a year from Jan 2017, if I am still here, and I will get an attorney before then, depending on the reconsideration.

Victor Ray

• HadIt.com Elder

Victor

According to Attorney Chris Attig (VLB)

Theres no such thing as Reconsideration during the claims process

“The VA issued a ratings decision in my case. Before I appeal, I want to request reconsideration of the decision. Should I do this? If so, how do I do it?”

The quick answer is this: There is no such thing in the VA claims process known as “reconsideration of a VA ratings decision.”

If you get a VA ratings decision that you feel is in error — in any of what I call the “four pillars” of a VA claim — you have only two options:

File a notice of disagreement with or without a request for a decision review officer review expressing dissatisfaction with the decision and your intent to appeal it to the Board of Veterans Appeals.

Abandon your claim.'' now of course  we don't suggest you abandon your claim.

source: Chris Attig

Edited by Buck52

Statistics have shown that your odds of winning your case are in your favor when you allow the LEAST number of people deciding your case.

In other words, a DRO versus BVA.

It worked for me, and many others I had first hand knowledge of.

2-2-0 HUAH!

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

Victor

According to Attorney Chris Attig (VLB)

Theres no such thing as Reconsideration during the claims process

“The VA issued a ratings decision in my case. Before I appeal, I want to request reconsideration of the decision. Should I do this? If so, how do I do it?”

The quick answer is this: There is no such thing in the VA claims process known as “reconsideration of a VA ratings decision.”

If you get a VA ratings decision that you feel is in error — in any of what I call the “four pillars” of a VA claim — you have only two options:

File a notice of disagreement with or without a request for a decision review officer review expressing dissatisfaction with the decision and your intent to appeal it to the Board of Veterans Appeals.

Abandon your claim.'' now of course  we don't suggest you abandon your claim.

source: Chris Attig

Buck.

There is something to this, so please hear me out. Maybe the VA knows I am right in my claim and is just giving me a little at a time, but this has happened in my first claim, that was filed after my 1983 denial. I was awarded 30% PTSD and 10%IHD. I called and complained at the low ball award when it should have been 100% back to 1971. They said they would reopen my claims "for reconsideration". I didn't do anything but wait, and it took about 7 months, but it was increased to 30 and 30 which was 50%. Maybe after 45 years of getting screwed, and the VA not spending 1 cent for any medicine, medical care with doctors and hospitals and me paying thousands and thousands in premiums for service related illness and injuries, someone may be finally listening now that life is just about over. No one believes I had a chloroquine reaction for a month initially and all the following illnesses, especially t being documented by the Army. I had 24 tumors removed from the intestines, that were not hereditary. I qualified for testing for just $100 because I had so many, and I guess a record, and they were environmentally acquired, not hereditary. That alone should make the VA go hmmmm. I know they have done their own investigation for records, whether they admit it or not. 

I know I am on a certain list, and have been told so. Maybe I am special, lol. No, no way. I am abused and ignored if anything, but I think there is reconsiderations, but may only apply when the VA knows the veteran is right.

Victor Ray