Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request Advice about 100% Total Unemployment and 100% Total Permanent Disabled

Rate this question

wilspeak

Question

Hello, I have a question. I am 90% VA rated Disabled. I am finding it very hard to get to 100% T and P.  I have heard there are vets who are both 100% Total Unemployment and 100% Total Permanent Disabled.  Can I apply for 100% Total Unemployment and still be able to submit claims and be granted 100% Total Permanent Disabled?  If a veteran is 100% Total Unemployment is it very hard to be granted 100% Total Permanent Disabled? Thank You in advance. 

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

They granted me IU that same day they granted my Permanent and Total I was 90 for six years but finally gave up trying after 8 jobs from 2014 to 2016 my last one had put me on medical hold. Due to my TBI and then let go that  November they granted me IU and the. Five months later I appealed the for  P and T and then they back dated it to when they granted me IU. I just wanted to know why my medical record still shows 90 if my award letter says 100 p and t

It was so weird it was literally 8 months later they change it to scheduler 100 P and T. As if they didn’t that the first time just a waste of my nerves and patience. But now at least I’m not paying for ObamaCares...

• HadIt.com Elder

jfrei

it just takes the VA a long time to do anything, eventually they straighten things out (but not always)

I went from TDIU P&T On a 90%combined rating and finally made it to the  * 100% scheduler with another 70% PTSD Rating... took a few years to get the 100% scheduler.

*one thing I want to add no matter if a veteran is denied  he must keep  his appeals going and never stop until he gets all he deserves for him and his family.

your a good example of that jfrei.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think a veteran should either do two things when he reaches the scheduler 100% via a combined rating for the TDIU P&T

IF a Vet is on a  90%combined IU Rating  say for a few years over 5 years and files another claim and say he is awarded a Separate  rating at 70% for PTSD...that is a high enough rating to become scheduler 100%

They may have him listed now as 100% scheduler...but  here is the tricky part if  your EOB has IU in it anywhere  you better still send in the questioner employment letter  every year (21-4140)...keep doing that until you have your 20 years in to be safe.

Only Unless you get a confirmation letter from your R.O. about not having to send in the questioner letter in every year...it better to be safe than sorry or lose all your benefits.