Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% pay when not at 100%

Rate this question

DD_Carter

Question

So it has been awhile. But the last two months I have gotten paid at 100% even though my e benefits says I am 90%. I had applied awhile back for convalescence compensation but it was denied and I received a letter stating that. I am super confused and not sure what I should do.

Thanks,

Lee

• HadIt.com Elder

If you were denied  did you disagree with that decision?

if not  you need to contact your R.O. And let them know your being paid at 100% and you need to see if this is correct?

b/c if they screwed up you will have to pay back the Adjustment on the 100%vs the 90%

• Founder

Perhaps they granted you Unemployability but play it safe call 800-827-1000 and make sure to get clarification because as @Buck52 says they will take it back if it's a mistake. If it's not a mistake and they granted you Unemployability congratulations.

• HadIt.com Elder

Something triggered the VA to start paying at the 100% rate.  This just does not happen out of the blue, someone had to input that info into the system in order or the extra money to start.

It is not uncommon for VA paperwork to be delayed, and Tbird gave you perfect advice. You might be surprised on what you find!

Dbl-D, you can run yourself crazy checking with the VA or just sit back and Bank the additional $$ until an Award Letter arrives. If there's a mistake, the VA will make sure your one of the 1st to know. They won't ask for it back, they'll take it out of your monthly comp Deposits. You'll get an official VA notification with a chance to NOD it.

Back in 12/15, I was on IU Comp with a 07/15  SA Increase Denial in need of a NOD. 01/03/16 E-Ben changed my Status from 90% IU T & P to SA 100% T & P with SMC S (1). How could that happen, I hadn't filed the NOD, right?

As it turns out, the VA Rating Dept does "Quality Reviews" of Awards & Denials. A VA Sr Rater (mid 12/15) evidently agreed with my Claim for my SA Increase from 50 to 100% and my additional SC's made me eligible for the Scheduler Housebound SMC S (1).  Retro hit mid 01/16, new Comp amount started 2/1 and the actual Award Letter arrived sometime near the end of 04/16.

Semper Fi

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will be calling them today. I did refile for the Convalescence compensation but I am yet to get a letter about it. Would it show on my e benefits if they had approved anything? I cant seem to find it. The open claim is gone and my disabilities page still says 90%.

Thanks

Convalesce is when you have had like major surgery, right. But it hhas to be for sc?  Should my husband have put in for it, even if it was not surgery for sc.  they did find his cars during pre op.  But they did not do anything for cads yet.

congradulations on yours DD_carter.