VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2531

They match with the IRS . Some of you have old information. There is no longer a yea4ly report requirement. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I did read some in the new M-21-R

Under the 4.16 when they rate a veteran that don't have the 100% and is under it  @70.%80.%90%  and can't work due to his conditions then they rate the Veteran the TDIU P&T They say in it for a IU to be Moot a Veteran has to have a single 100% rating then the IU is moot.

To me a 80%90% veteran is just as bad as a 100% veteran depending on what condition and the severity of it is, but yet they will let a 100% veteran go do some work for extra income

If they would just give the Veteran what he is due  like a 100% schedule rating in the first place   none of this would be happening...they do this on purpose in my bold humble opinion  to make it hard for the Veteran to reach the schedule 100%

if a Veteran is  90% TDIU/W/P&T  And he was rated under the 4.16 (b) Reg..and he files for another separate condition and is S.C. and rated 70%  that will get him the SMC S House Bound but his rating still stays on IU at the 90% rate and  he/she is still required to send in the 21-4140-1 each and every year, failure to send this in and they review this veteran than can and usually will send him the Reduction letter.

However I have read that when this above happens the Veteran does have a 100% final degree rating...Veterans need to check the AB8 Letter  or check the EOB in e benefit's for his/her proper rating.

The only way a Veteran can get the IU Moot is if he files for another condition and they S.C. it and give a 100% rating.

Now of course he can file for increase for a higher evaluation on his current condition the condition that he got the IU For .... and if he gets it  it will need to be at least a 50% rating and request the IU be drop and the scheduler rating put into place.

so over haul I would be safe to say  if a Veteran is rated IU P&T  under the 4.16 (b) Reg  the only way to get the scheduler 100% is to have another condition that is 100% S.C. then that will make your IU Moot.

This is my Answer on my Post.

Thank everyone who responded...it sure helped me out and gave me the incentive to do some research.

Lets all get ready for this New 2019 year that's lurking around the corner and lets all have a happy & merrier year ahead.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Brokensolider244th

This the first time I seen this.

I will make a copy of this and keep in my IU Files.

I remember I got a letter from VA  back in 2014 that said I no longer required to send in the 21-4140 in  But the grand-baby found it and my daughter-law toss it in the trash  before I got to put it up  , my fault for leaving it on the coffee table  she was just starting to learn she could pull herself up and walk 3 steps before falling...

This good for Veterans that are on TDIU to make a copy of and keep in a safe place  just in case we need it someday.

Thanks Again my friend.

Edited by Buck52

Buck,

I interpret that link broken soldier provided as concerning veterans who are below the 60% rating for health care reasons, and don't see anything, one way or another, about it meaning IU veterans having the  requirement to file the 21-4140.

Did I miss something?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!