VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI C&P Exam Requested!!

Rate this question

Grumpbox

Question

@Buck52

@Berta

@Vync

Got a call today from the VA to report for a C&P Exam, 29 January 2018 for TBI.  The apt is with a Neurologist (PhD/Dr.)  The lady called the C&P a "Supplemental Request".  

Currently, I am waiting on the results from my PTSD C&P exam.  This exam was my FIVE YEAR C&P since my Medical Retirement. My C&P for PTSD (was 20 Oct 2017 (my schedule date for decision is from 8 Jan 18 - 15 Feb 18).  I medically retired 21 Nov 2011. 

To read up on my situation/questions for my C&P Exam for PTSD can see my entries within the PTSD Forum.

On E-benifits, I am rated the following: 

11/23/2011

post concussive headaches         30%        Service Connected         

Disability Evaluation System (DES)

While nothing in the VA says an "Award" of TBI, it was never ruled out nor was I tested.  I did sustain a massive IED, lost consciousness but I never went to the medics for this incident.  I was fighting a war at the time.  As stated, the lady that called today informed me that the C&P for TBI was "supplemental request" for my PTSD C&P dated 20 Oct 2017, which I am STILL waiting for a decision.  Therefore, this must be the trigger for the TBI C&P Exam.  

A few of my questions are:

1.  Why is the VA wanting a C&P for TBI when I don't have anything on E-Benefits that says TBI.  I do have Post Concussive Headaches, but not TBI.

2. Does this have anything to do with my current C&P (which is ongoing) for PTSD??? (I assume, YES; however, this concerns me, because I know how the VA can twist things.)

3.  Does the group have any advice to offer me on what I can do to keep my current 30% for Post Concussive Headaches??

4. And lastly, there are some very smart senior veterans on this Forum; therefore, I am open to any other advice offered!!!

Thank everyone in advance!!

Grumpbox

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The Va decided to bring my TBi residuals rated at 100% IU 90% scheduler and bump me up to 100% scheduler made it P and T and list it as 100% under 9411 dx code which is PTSD. Not sure what that helps them with but I was tired of fighting being I still have an active appeal for an EOD of the 100% back to 2010. So I hope I didn’t confuse the xxxx out of you I went scatter brained but please ask any question I just went thru the exams 2016 2017

2 minutes ago, jfrei said:

Yes I have I went through 3 just last year alone and a PTSD exam. Please send me a question so I can answer it quickly for you...

@jfrei

thanks for replying!!  Please see my initial post, “TBI C&P Eam Requested.” It should be two pages back from this entry.

Plus, on the PTSD page, I posted many questions for this C&P Exam, which I am currently waiting on the results, which prompted my current C&P Exam for TBI.

Any guidance you can provide would be great!  I am sure we will play tag with messages, as I will reply in the morning.  

I am just looking for some insight as for what to prepare for or what I should be aware of for the TBI C&P Exam.

Many thanks!!

Grumpbox

How’s your memory, do you drive, do you have a job, what happened that was the cause, do you have recurring memory lapses, hows your health, how’s your sleeping pattern or lack of sleep pattern? Give me your info again. So I don’t have to hope between both forums PTsD and TBI headache whatever they call it... Hiw long did you lose if at all consciousness 

23 minutes ago, jfrei said:

How’s your memory, do you drive, do you have a job, what happened that was the cause, do you have recurring memory lapses, hows your health, how’s your sleeping pattern or lack of sleep pattern? Give me your info again. So I don’t have to hope between both forums PTsD and TBI headache whatever they call it... Hiw long did you lose if at all consciousness 

Memory is awful.  Drive, sure.   No job.  That's a long story to explain my applications, interviews and lack of employment, which I presume is due to my PTSD. Reoccurring memory lapses: YES!  Health?  Ache, back pain, stiffness, takes me hours to loosen up in the am, pending a MLS-TLIF for my L5-S1. Had a right knee surgery, both shoulders operated on, one back surgery and pending another.  

Ouch I have a shoulder where I had this trick where I’d dislocated in purpose after a military injury in training. I stopped doing that trick 10 years ago lol

This was my reason they sent me to two c and p for my TBI last year one for ptsd and another for an adjustment disorder...