• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
broncovet

All Vets (in appeals) can now do RAMP

Question

According to the CCK law firm's website, as of April 1, 2018, any Vet in appeals can now opt in for RAMP.  

https://cck-law.com/news/rapid-appeals-modernization-program-ramp-open-to-all-veterans-april-

Thanks, new hadit member,  Jroocan, for this heads up!!!

WOW....thats great news .....so if i filed an NOD back in SEPT 2017 for a DRO hearing i would be able to opt in to RAMP ? Did i understand that correctly ?

AirForceVet81,

It appears you are eligible. According to what broncovet cited.  Contact your VSO and ask for the program.

You are eligible for RAMP if you have a disability compensation appeal pending (i.e. waiting for a decision) in one of the following legacy appeal stages:

• Like 1

Someone just posted the RAMP "opt in" form.  Yes, read the fine print to make sure you are eligible, since I dont know your circumstances.  

The suprising thing to me is that, apparently, only about 3 percent of those Vets previously invited to participate in RAMP actually did it.  

This said, I can certainly appreciat their skepticism on "new VA programs" to help Vets. 

I think it was Ronald Regan who said the most dangerous sentence in the English language is,

Im with the government and am here to help you.  

The big to do about this program was that it would remove the right of appeal in exchange for a faster xxxxxxx. It also didn't help that most if not all of the VSO's where on board with it. From what I read on the link above it looks like there is still an appeals process of some kind. At this point in my case it doesn't help me as my next NOD will be after the rater low balls my claim, if I ever get into a C&P that is. I'm going to read up about how the appeals work before I foment an opinion either way. I just hope to christ we don't end up with another enormous backlog.

Also, upon a quick reread of the link, I'd like to see deeper statistics beyond a simple 57% award rate because that number by itself doesn't tell anybody anything. I find it hard to believe that 43% of people rejected by the new RAMP system are frauds. I'd like to see a breakdown of the claim fail rate %'s as well as the win rate %'s

Edited by LongTooth