• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic PTSD & Severe Depression Disorder

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure what to do here?

Today 10/25/18 I was diagnosed with ''Severe Depression''

I was diagnosed with Chronic PTSD...June 10th 2015...today I was at the VAMC  and my L.C.S.W. SW 4 Mention to me I Had Severe Depression....I'm already S.C. for PTSD AT 70%

WE CAN'T HAVE TWO MH Ratings correct?

I said nothing about a claim or indicate I was filing a Claim.

I have not been sent a C&P for Re Evaluation  not sure if I will?

but having a Severe Depression Disorder Don't set to well with me...Do you think they will take my PTSD SC Away and reduce me to Depressions? not sure what the rating would be for severe Depressions but I think its the same criteria as PTSD  O% 10& 30% 50% 70% AND 100% 

I Have 70% S,C.PTSD  At Present.

Anybody know what they will do?  I have not read my  VA Notes yet won't be Available  until Monday the 29th

Very true words about exercise. 

I have gained weight once I took a desk job, I just don't move around like I use too. I was a supervisor for a while and I would move around a lot more by going from meeting to meeting or just checking on my staff. But now that I have a desk job I am just gaining weight. I could also stand to lose 50 lbs (it would put me at my weight while in the service). I will check to see if there is a YMCA in the area, I have not been to one in decades.

I smoked for about 20 years but did finally stop, I stopped in the mid 90s. I think anyone who smoked in the military should automatically be considered service connected if they get cancer (cigarettes were way to cheap $1.90 a carton when I was in Sicily). I am glad I quit, I watched my mother die of cancer (she smoked to the end). I have known people who have smoked all their lives and it never had any problems with cancer, I have known others who have never smoked and die of cancer. Like I said I am glad I quit smoking.

We all need to start taking better care of ourselves and it is more than just being thin,we all need to exercise, even just a little. 

27 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

$1.90 a carton when I was in Sicily)

When i was at Sig we had ration cards. 20 packs per month Plus 2 full cartons total 4 cartons a month. Free. The Italians own the airbase and there were (are?) Italian air wings assigned there. Groupo 88 was a home-ported P3A squadron plus others. The non-smokers could illegally sell their rations to the Italians for 4 bucks a PACK and they could sell them in town for 8 bucks a pack because of the American Tax Stamp. Huge blackmarket operation in cigs at Sig. back then an extra 160 bucks a month was like having a part time job. lol

• HadIt.com Elder

That right Vetquest

I think I remember a Veteran came on here one time and was trying to get VA to pay him for his bad health that cigarettes caused  because the Military had gave him these cigarettes ..and got him started with the addiction  he felt it was the military fault

he had a good point...but I doubt he won that claim?

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as they continue to make cigarettes people will continue to buy them no matter what its doing to their body's or how much the cost or how  much they ban smoking in public places.

but its going to get harder and harder.

To inhale second hand smoke they say is worse than just smoking yourself

I was thinking ..my neighbor smokes like a smoke stack...maybe I should file a law suite against him from his smoke coming over into my yard making me inhale that crap..nah I am not that way  but I bet there's people out there that would.