• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
hume0351

Partial bva grant implementation

Question

Has anyone had a bva partial grant implemented yet within the last year. May 1st I had a partial grant for my left shoulder and my PTSD remanded. September I was told I was rated at 20 percent for shoulder with retro going back to Jan 2012 by my rep. Peggy even slipped up once and told me my rating, just pending authorization. That was in Oct. Anyone else in the same boat? I haven't had any implementation st all. Nov 28 I received a letter stating my RO has started on my remand. I'm hoping they aren't going to finish my remand before paying me anything.

• Like 2

Fast letter 10-02 says they are not supposed to do that.  They are supposed to pay you right away, then remand.  Contact the white house hotline.  

Yes, call the whitehouse hotline.  My case was finished in the last year and they withheld my monies until the remand was completed.  This is not according to the Fast letter but we all know that the VA does not always follow their regulations.

Hume, my husband has not got his back pay either.  They say they are waiting for coast guard to send AEW.

I’m not hijacking here just explaining from my previous answer.  We called Peggy,  but it was not a Peggy.  He was very nice and helped tremendously.  Yes they are still waiting for AEW to be put in system for the back pay to be paid.  However he checked on Iu claim and evidently it had been lost in the system.  Because they had told us it had already been claimed.  We received notification of that in Oct.  but no it was never claimed, so then they both got lost in system!  So he sent an inquiry to RO to ask them to get this straightened out.  Gave me the inquiry #.    So then he checked on the remand for CKD,  now the IU was also remanded with it.  But the CkD had been lost in system too.  Sent an inquiry for that also.  Sometimes you get. Someone that really does help.  We have called about this before and no one volunteered to go as far as he did.  We could have been setting for ever here.  I even had a girl tell me the other day that hubby did not have any back pay coming.  I will not tell you what I said.  She was lookin on the break down sheet from the va!

Hume, We are still waiting too.  No implementation from BVA partial grant back in March 2018.  No movement on the remand from that order either.  We have made 2 WH hotline inquiries.  The last one was in October.  Still nothing.  All the inquiries to Peggy have been exactly the same.  I do an IRIS inquiry every month, but nothing has changed yet.  WE also started a dependency claim last july (very simple to verify that she is still in college) and they have not settled that either.  Peggy says that it will be settled when our Grant is finalized. Just waiting.........