Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P this Thursday. A question?

Rate this question

tazntaylr

Question

I have my PTSD claim C&P scheduled for Thursday. The exam was set up by VES. The examiner is a PHd out of Las Vegas/Arizona/CA that does C&P exams.

My question: Can my wife sit in the exam? She knew me before, during, and after the Army. We were married the last few years of service, and after my incidents.

Had the exam today, and lasted an hour. Was a PhD Doctor from Las Vegas. My wife was allowed in, and was able to contribute. My wife was able to add things from another point of view.

My stressors were non-combat. My only concern was his question about why I thought one of my stressors was related to PTSD. That was the proposed Article 15, and spiced with chain of command destroying evidence and threating me. I did not like his tone when he commented about my requesting a court-martial. I told him that was because they had to prove their case and I was innocent. Chain of Command ultimately gave me a Letter of Caution, took my team away, and sent me to another company. Oh, and then was harassed, because I did not want any promotion, by every chain of command I had till I got out.

I did ask, but said the VA was paying him. So I just have to wait for the rating for the diagnosis, and maybe a FOIA for the DBQ.

Dr. recommended being checked for sleep apnea. Said that my eliminate my nightmares and ability to go back to sleep. I did cover most symptoms I have in my Vet Center records and statements.  

Sorry for rambling, still reeling from exam. 

D0C 25 -The VA IG went through vet web sites years ago because someone had reported to them that vets were being given advice, 'not to bathe, shave, or tie their shoes' etc when going to a PTSD C & P, on some veteran web sites. The IG report is somewhere on th VA IG site.

Hadit passed the IG internet investigation with flying colors.I hope the other sites did too.

My husband (100% P & T SC PTSD ) had impeccable personal habits. I agree with vetquest who said:

" I can look good but that does not mean I am not a wreck on my bad days. "

That was so true regarding my husband and the Many PTSD vets I have known.

VA MH professionals do not diagnose PTSD by the way a veteran looks...or lives ( I mention that because I have  known a few wannabees-one who lives in the desolate boonies of NY surrounded 'by pungy sticks') always in cameos , and believe me I did try to help him prove his stressors. But there was no proof.

His 17 page BVA denial is still at the BVA web site.

PTSD arises from a valid provable or conceded  stressor.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

8 hours ago, tazntaylr said:

I did ask, but said the VA was paying him. So I just have to wait for the rating for the diagnosis, and maybe a FOIA for the DBQ.

Instead of filing an FOIA that might not come back in time I would try to go to the VA release of information office and try to get it there if it is not too far away.

1 hour ago, vetquest said:

Instead of filing an FOIA that might not come back in time I would try to go to the VA release of information office and try to get it there if it is not too far away.

Vetquest,

Both the VA medical center and the Los Angeles RO are not too far. Is the standard VA request form good enough? How soon to try to get the information?

4 hours ago, Berta said:

My husband (100% P & T SC PTSD ) had impeccable personal habits. I agree with vetquest who said:

" I can look good but that does not mean I am not a wreck on my bad days. "

That was so true regarding my husband and the Many PTSD vets I have known.

VA MH professionals do not diagnose PTSD by the way a veteran looks...or lives ( I mention that because I have  known a few wannabees-

His 17 page BVA denial is still at the BVA web site.

PTSD arises from a valid provable or conceded  stressor.

I have seen people at the hospital in the early hours who looked like Tom Cruise walking on the red carpet, well dressed and clean shaven and all. I have heard and seen vets with ptsd and service connected (well rated) who have friends, steady jobs (and well paying), and functional lives who well lived lives. I personally think those individuals dont have a problem or are overly rated. From someone who has been dealing with this trauma for years and who's been homeless and lives the disability (but also thought it wasn't a disability due to among other things, and having all of my limbs...some would think that they didnt qualify or shouldn't talk up about it.) Sometimes it seems a bit racist or there are other factors into play. But it is a shame some vets get denied the help and clearly can't function, while others are perfectly ok. its not right. 

Edited by SEALVET-33