VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please help me. Possible termination of SC and personality disorder.

Rate this question

Fearless

Question

Please help me.long stroy short, I filed for tdiu, had a C&p done, and now I am facing a reduction + denied tdiu.

The C&p examiner DX me with schizoid personality disorder and said my depression was secondary to it. In ~30 mins she had enough information to DX me with this, but I have been seeing psychiatrists since 2015 and not once have this crossed their minds. I do not have a schizoid personality disorder.

The examiner misunderstood what I was telling her, and I see it  in the report. She kept on asking me how do I know I have depression. What kind of  question is that? She knows i'm xxxxxxx SC for it. I would tell her how I knew that I was depressed and she would repeat the question, this went on for about 5 mins. I believe she was trying to bait me into saying that I did not know that i'm depressed. I also believe that she thinks I am faking.

She asked me to describe my depression and I tell her it makes me feel depressed (DUH!). She never asked me about any other symptoms. 

She discredits the last C&P exam I had because of the multiple symptoms, and she says this new exam is a correction. WTF? She did not even try to figure out why all those symptoms were checked. Never asked me about it.

This was also done on a PTSD and I never filed for PTSD.

I believe her answer to question 3 is a denial for tdiu, but ffs don't halfass a CP exam.

This examiner screwed me over and I need help. 

Here is a redacted copy of the exam: https://imgur.com/a/r1wp4FV 

I left out the PTSD stuff (all blank) and the personal questions. It was just a bunch of questions asked before with answers I have given. 

Edited by Fearless

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@Berta I made a claim for tdiu and they gave me a C&P exam. I do not know why it was for PTSD. I do not have PTSD, and the examiner noted that she does not know why an initial PTSD claim was filed. 

@jbasser I was SC for it in 2016. I can not afford IMO/IME. Would getting a DBQ done by a family doctor that specializes in depression and anxiety do me any good?

@Buck52 Sorry for the confusion. I am trying to figure out what the examiner is trying to do to me. I am SC for depression, not PTSD. Is she trying to terminate my SC for depression by saying I have a schzoid personality disorder? Why is she trying to discredit the last C&P exam I had done? This was the worse exam I have ever been to, and this lady just made my life more difficult. Here is a copyof the exam: https://imgur.com/a/r1wp4FV

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say that this examiner gave her opinion and not followed  by your medical records that would state other wise.

Making this an Inadequate Exam.

Go to the C&P Chief at your VAMC bring this report with you and  all your medical evidence that supports your claim  show the Chief this and request another exam , also check on this examiners credentials   was she qualified to do your exam and render her medical opinion without reading your medical records that supports your claim?

,, but most important she gave her Opinion without reading your supporting evidence (of record)

As I understand what she is doing she is saying your symptoms are best fitted with the  ''schizoid personality disorder.'' 

if you have medical records to prove other wise then you should be able to have a fair rating on what you been diagnosed with.

Would getting a DBQ done by a family doctor that specializes in depression and anxiety do me any good?"  Maybe if they are a psychologist or psychiatrist.   A BIG MAYBE.

I suggested above:

Google her name for her credentials.

Contact the contracting firm who hires her  and complain.

The contact info for QTC, VES, and LHI s here under a search.

And/or call the White House vet Hot line.

1-855-948-2311

And  in addition, you can file an IRIS complaint.

I am calling the WH today- I have been waiting for a copy of an actual C & P exam, for 6 months ,that might be different from the way they wrote it in the SOC. As soon as I filed CUE they reversed  their denial.

I dont know who prepared it and I do not think it was done by anyone with a medical background.

My sole piece of evidence for this claim came from VA's top cardio doctor, and it was listed as evidence but never had been considered,until I filed CUE the day after I got the denial.

I have seen ths C & P crap for decades. Someone in Congress is supposed to be filing a Bill to help correct it.

The GAO knows it and we know it- many contracted C & P exams are geared to deny claims, in spite of any probative evidence the veteran  has.

I will find the Congressman's name and info and post it here -

I am sending  him every posthumous exam VA ever did on my husband, all to deny the claims,

yet they failed,because I overcame those exams, wth evidence they VA had, and  I only had IMOs for one of them.

If vets start to really complain, via IRIS, the WH Hot line, and to this Congressman and most importantly to the Contractor who hired the examiner- who VA Pays- this crap  could change.

Widows and widowers have to watch out for this as well- since the veteran cannot speak for themselves,

a fact VA takes adevantage of, they have to act fast on any bogus posthoumous C & P exam.

Make sure your spouses hold back a few thousand if you die with  life insurance- they sure might need a costly IMO.

18 hours ago, Fearless said:

@Berta I made a claim for tdiu and they gave me a C&P exam. I do not know why it was for PTSD. I do not have PTSD, and the examiner noted that she does not know why an initial PTSD claim was filed. 

@jbasser I was SC for it in 2016. I can not afford IMO/IME. Would getting a DBQ done by a family doctor that specializes in depression and anxiety do me any good?

@Buck52 Sorry for the confusion. I am trying to figure out what the examiner is trying to do to me. I am SC for depression, not PTSD. Is she trying to terminate my SC for depression by saying I have a schzoid personality disorder? Why is she trying to discredit the last C&P exam I had done? This was the worse exam I have ever been to, and this lady just made my life more difficult. Here is a copyof the exam: https://imgur.com/a/r1wp4FV

Fearless, I am not as computer savvy as you appear to be.  How do you include names the way you have to make them send notifications?

As I read the examination I find no evidence the examiner read your service medical records or VA records.  The examiner attempted to make a diagnosis of schzoid personality disorder on the basis of a one hour appointment.  If you do not already have your c-file request it now.  It will give you evidence to fight this if you have been seeing the VA.  Some examiners see it as their duty to weed out veterans they believe are not entitled to disability.  I ran into a neurologist once who tried to do this to me, almost successfully.

I just spoke to the WH Hot LIne.

They were concerned that I said the C & P exam I requested months ago,

(which an IRIS complaint did not produce) 

must have been done by a non -VA medical person.

I made it clear that I intend to send the SOC to the H VAC Subcommittee on Disability/ Memorials,

but past experience I have had ( sending that info too) reveals how a past C & P exam was manipulated by the Buffalo RO and only by calling the doctor who wrote it- did I acquire the actual exam he did.

They had withheld from him my most probative evidence.  I won that claim but that is not the point-

It became part of the RO backlog for no good reason, until they awarded it.

They put a 21-0820 into my C file and on the evidence list- because they called me 4 times that week.regarding my evidence etc.

I think the man who called me did the C & P exam. He said they had already 'picked' someone who would do it .He is NOT a medical person, just some RO VSO..and attempted to go against my evidence, whch came from

VACO's top cardio doc whose als has specific expertise in HBP -Strategic Health Team VACO.

(It was an 1151 HBP claim, and my CUE on the award is still pending.)