Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefit account hacked March 2019

Rate this question

Rreydan Soriano

Question

My Ebenefits account just got hacked and I I didnt receive my check on March 1,, 2019, My check gor rerouted too a fraudelent account.  Somebody got into my ebenefit account and change my direct deposit information,How long will it take the VA to put my check back into my account?

Mac are just as suceptible as windows machines. I've got a degree in computer science. If your passwords are weak or shared that's how it happens, usually.

On 3/5/2019 at 6:59 AM, Rreydan Soriano said:

My Ebenefits account just got hacked and I I didnt receive my check on March 1,, 2019, My check gor rerouted too a fraudelent account.  Somebody got into my ebenefit account and change my direct deposit information,How long will it take the VA to put my check back into my account?

Hey the same thing just happened to me and it couldn't have happened at a worse time, all of my bills are due. The VA told me it could take up to 8 weeks, I saw you posted in March was wondering if you've received your compensation yet and how long it actually took? Having a hard time finding any answers to that besides the "up to 8 weeks" 

Not too long ago I was notified by the credit union that someone tired to use my credit card.. the card was reissued under a new number... the crook also changed my mailing address on line with the credit card company.. I figure someone got into my account...  I had been using a few different passwords for a lot of accounts... and web cites. 

The first think I did was to generate new passwords for each of my accounts.... to include ebenefits..... 

The never seem to catch the crooks .... I now safeguard all my passwords better, and I now have a new habit of changes my passwords within a certain amount of time... 

good luck hope you get your benefit check soon

• HadIt.com Elder

I'am not sure this has been brought up in any of these post?...but I have to change my e benefits account  P.W.every 90 days  or  if I wait over 90 days I have to submit a new password ,  which this happen to me the other day  I had't realized I had not been in my  e-benefits account in a while and had to get a new password...and after I did everything was about the same.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 3/5/2019 at 6:59 AM, Rreydan Soriano said:

you definitely need to call your R.O, as soon as possible and let them know this  if they can't help you then that know who can.

let your Bank know this too ASAP  if you have not yet?