Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heads up Hadit.com members

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If any Hadit members have an ongoing in Process IMO/IME from Dr Craig Bash should call Skip at 925 381 7571. When you call have your information with you.  Dr Bash's west coast operation was burned to the ground during the California wild fires and a lot of records were destroyed. 

Basser

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dang sorry to hear that for Dr Bash.

Thanks John Basser

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

8 hours ago, jbasser said:

If any Hadit members have an ongoing in Process IMO/IME from Dr Craig Bash should call Skip at 925 381 7571. When you call have your information with you.  Dr Bash's west coast operation was burned to the ground during the California wild fires and a lot of records were destroyed. 

Basser

yea, I got a hold of skip back in october and I re-sent my records to his colorado residence. I kept copies of everything and overnighted those copies.

Not trashing him but this was the doctor who wanted 10k for his report.....just a heads up down range unload show clear!!

Edited by jfrei

FWIW: I underwent an IME with Dr Bash (a real nice guy and detailed/thorough professional, whom I enjoyed working with) back in 2015 (claim is still with the BVA). After my original Service Organization Representative went MIA, I started calling some local/regional attorneys, and found an excellent representative... who actually used to work with both the VA as well as the Service Organization that "disappeared".

He said that, within the VA System, Dr. Bash has gradually developed a reputation which may taint your claim. (His findings were effectively disregarded by the BVA in my previous hearings.)

While I do NOT discount the credibility of Dr Bash, or his professional opinion, I would highly recommend that you ensure that you have additional supporting medical evidence on record.

Yes, Jfrei.  Dr. Bash quoted me 10,000 for an IMO. 

I too, am aware of Vets with similar experiences of the BVA not giving Dr. Bash IMO's credibility like they should.  

For the reasons stated above, I generally recommend an "in person Exam" along with an Independent Medical Opinion.  (IME).  This is usaually accomplished with a local doctor because an exam is needed.  A virtual exam, on facetime, or whatever, may suffice.  

A medical "opinion" based entirely on the doctors interpretations of previous medical records has ALWAYS seemed "less effective" than a doctor's opinion who examined you face to face.  

In a trial, they often dont want to go to "he said she said".   Instead, if they have a witness who personally observed the crime, their testimony is much more credible.  Its the difference between a first hand opinion, and the opinions of other doctors opinions.  

IN a similar way, when you seek representation, the lawyer rarely agrees to represent you "until he sees" your decision.  He does not rely on "your interprestation" of the decision, because, then, his opinion can be no better than "your interpretation".  

And, you are unlikely an expert at "interpreting legal opinions".