VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC 4 TDIU is C&P exam necessary

Rate this question

Amazing Becky

Question

The Baltimore RO received my IU claim on 04/30/2019. It’s is an FDC and includes a DBQ from my therapist. Will I still need a c&p exam?The last one was done in 2016 and it was brutal. I’m hoping to avoid a repeat. Right now my claim is in Initial review. Has anyone had a claim that jumped from the Initial Review to Prep for Decision approval and how long did the whole process take?

So my former B more office burned you?! Becky buckle up I'm about to tell you how getting "burned" turned into being "Blessed!!" Drs are SHOCKED when I tell this story. I fell down gorgeous DC museum cobblestone steps in tourist VOMIT! Yes you have my permission to laugh!! Haha I laid there crying in pain screaming for help. A museum volunteer found me! I had him go alert my coworkers asap! Firefighters ambulance my coworkers etc were there FAST! I thought I was paralyzed from the neck down(Firefighter had me move  toes I think to test)! My daughters were going off at GW hospital seeing me covered in vomit barely moving.Well OWCP DENIED THE CLAIM!!  EVEN THE MUSEUM FED OFFICERS WERE SHOCKED AND GAVE ME REPORT TO FIGHT!! To this day WRITING THE  OBAMA WH GOT THAT MONEY RELEASED!!!!!!! Claimed my Dr did bad report...MAYBE HE SPELLED VOMIT WRONG!! HAHAHA My agency swore up and down my OPM FERS disability wouldn't be approved so 8 months later (I was still out of office) she delighted in DENIAL!! I read it noticed my slick agency removed all evidence that helped me so I submitted all missing medicals(got expert report as well) 45 days later APPROVED!! I had the funds to hire a great lawyer BUT GETTING BURNED FUELED MY ANGER TO WIN!! I still remember the sad look on experts face when he said "What law firm do I submit my bill?" I pulled out MY CHECKBOOK!! BOOM

Because VA knew my face was partially paralyzed from rare tumor and I've been through enough IU P&T WAS EASILY GRANTED AFTER SUBMITTING OPM APPROVAL AND MEDICALS!!

So take getting BURNED AS FUEL!!! GOOD LUCK......

@Blessed @GeekySquid The VA recently sent out a request to Social Security and both my former employers. Is this a good sign? A VA rep informed me former employers aren’t contacted unless the rater is leaning towards granting IU...not sure how true this is

6 minutes ago, Amazing Becky said:

A VA rep informed me former employers aren’t contacted unless the rater is leaning towards granting IU...not sure how true this is

it is another wonky area that a dozen people will have a dozen answers for

When a TDIU claim is directly made or inferred the VA is supposed to evaluate that claim. 

Part of that is getting social security information.

When you claimed TDIU you put in a list of former employers.

If the claim had no chance of succeeding, the VA raters would do squat, wait a while , then deny.

However when you put in that form, they are supposed to contact the former employees.

9 minutes ago, Amazing Becky said:

is this a good sign?

I will hesitantly say yes it is a good sign....that your claim is moving along.

Based on what you have said here, you should get IU, but I am not a VA rater and hell only knows what the rater will decide.

Breathe... take up a hobby.... don't let yourself get spun into thinking about the possibilities.  breathe..