VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC 4 TDIU is C&P exam necessary

Rate this question

Amazing Becky

Question

The Baltimore RO received my IU claim on 04/30/2019. It’s is an FDC and includes a DBQ from my therapist. Will I still need a c&p exam?The last one was done in 2016 and it was brutal. I’m hoping to avoid a repeat. Right now my claim is in Initial review. Has anyone had a claim that jumped from the Initial Review to Prep for Decision approval and how long did the whole process take?

@GeekySquid You are correct on being downgraded from 100% to 70%. I looked over what she wrote down compared to my therapist DBQ. It had to do with my panic attacks and anxiety. It has gotten much worse and I am now on medication to help manage it. I just had a sleep apnea test done because I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares and panic attacks in my sleep. I just looked on my health vet today. I do not have sleep apnea. My sleep issues are purely due to my ptsd. I’m going to print it out and give it to the examiner in hopes it will help my claim.

1 minute ago, Amazing Becky said:

just had a sleep apnea test done because I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares and panic attacks in my sleep.

@Amazing Becky

Sleep apnea is tricky. It is not about waking up from nightmares, it is about stopping breathing while you are asleep. For a sleep apnea claim these days, the Doc must say "you need this to live" in their DBQ and that has to be supported by the Sleep Study outcomes.

@GeekySquid I’m sorry I didn’t fully explain what I mean. I don’t have sleep apnea. My sleep disturbances is strictly due to anxiety and panic attacks which I have everyday. I figured not having it would prove to the VA just how bad my anxiety and panic attacks are. My last C&P exam downplayed how bad it is and caused me not to be rated at 100%.

I had my C&P exam this past Saturday due to it being cancelled last Thursday. It was for an increase and performed by QTC. Does anyone know when I can get a copy of the report from the VA RO?

1 minute ago, Amazing Becky said:

Does anyone know when I can get a copy of the report from the VA RO?

@Amazing Becky

If your RO performs like mine, it will be about 2 weeks. In a week I would call Peggy and ask if they have received it.

I believe you are working with a VSO and have a good relationship with her. If that is true then contact her if you don't want to rely on Peggy. If she has the ability to see your records, not all do, she will see it but probably cannot print it on her system.