VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC 4 TDIU is C&P exam necessary

Rate this question

Amazing Becky

Question

The Baltimore RO received my IU claim on 04/30/2019. It’s is an FDC and includes a DBQ from my therapist. Will I still need a c&p exam?The last one was done in 2016 and it was brutal. I’m hoping to avoid a repeat. Right now my claim is in Initial review. Has anyone had a claim that jumped from the Initial Review to Prep for Decision approval and how long did the whole process take?

Yes, the VA will reach out to your employers or the SSA when they are thinking about IU.  How much you used to make and how long you have been out of work are two areas of interest.  Also why you left your previous job.

@vetquest I got out of the military in 2009. My behavior had drastically changed and I had ptsd without knowing it. They put me out with a general discharge. I tried working from 2017 -2018. The first job was part-time and I made less than $8,000 a year. The second job was with the federal government and lasted a little less than 6 months. My total income for that year was about $14,000 and I was fired. I gave the VA a copy of the letter as evidence. I’m hoping the evidence is enough to get me TDIU. My claim is supposed to be decided by July 18th. They are just waiting on medicL records from my private therapist which she faxed to the intake center today.

I can only say that if your claim is not approved to file with the BVA.  I was put through the ringer to get IU, even after I was medically released from my job.  

I really hate general discharges, it is a way of the military side stepping a disability retirement.  My original discharge was general but after fighting at the Board of Correction of Naval Records I was retired from the military.  Once you get this all worked out you might want to see about filing at the proper service Board of Correction.  If you now have a diagnosis of PTSD you might get retirement.  It comes with medical and other benefits.

@vetquest My VSO sent me a copy of my award letter. I have been granted TDIU total and permanent. In the last post you wrote about me possibly getting retirement by filing with the Board of Correction. How long did the process take for you? Do you have any pointers that could help my case?