VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC 4 TDIU is C&P exam necessary

Rate this question

Amazing Becky

Question

The Baltimore RO received my IU claim on 04/30/2019. It’s is an FDC and includes a DBQ from my therapist. Will I still need a c&p exam?The last one was done in 2016 and it was brutal. I’m hoping to avoid a repeat. Right now my claim is in Initial review. Has anyone had a claim that jumped from the Initial Review to Prep for Decision approval and how long did the whole process take?

You're welcome!! I rarely post on boards like this because us vets can get upset and overstressed trying to predict VA outcomes but your post caught my attention!!! As certain posters have said every denial battle (OWCP FERS VA) I won was because I read the denial then attacked with my own "medical" evidence!!! For the record ebenefits on my claim as been correct but then I heard a joke former Secy McDonald (he helped me)marked my case!!! Haha

Edited by Blessed

@GeekySquid Ok, I’m confused and need clarification....hoping you can help. I called the VA today concerning the re-evaluation that was opened up on May 31st. The BA is using the C&P exam I had on May 18th. Yesterday it was in the final stage of the claim process. Today it moved all the way back to claim received. When I called the VA I was told the claim moved back because they wanted to wait until the IU claim finishes processing. Since the rater decided to wait on rating the the re-eval/increase does that mean he was going to deny the increase altogether and now wants to see the outcome of the IU claim before making a final decision?

Working the phones is a hard job because most if the time they're guessing! Raters always brought cases back to try to knock out everything at one time! Doesn't mean a denial! Try to stay positive!! I checked ebenefits and saw as an IU P&T case (increase)I knew why an increase was granted on one issue but other issues deferred! Remember my case is in B more office but no 2 cases are alike!!! I didn't get a denial because it went back!! Exam contractor even told me my case was marked possible increase but needs another exam! I take all of this with a grain of salt to stay sane!!!! PLEASE STAY POSITIVE!!!

Edited by Blessed

10 hours ago, Amazing Becky said:

need clarificatio

@Amazing Becky

I hate to answer this but the reality is no one can provide absolute clarification on why the VA says or does anything.

Claims will bounce back and forth, and @Blessed is correct in telling you to get a hobby besides checking Ebennies.  If you must check it, limit yourself to once a day or at a max twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening. NO MORE).

as for what it could mean

Because the claims were opened so close to each other, and the first one was for increase/IU, it makes sense to wait. Imagine the paperwork and the hard feelings if veterans got piecemeal results in a situation like yours.

I know without a doubt you have thought about all the combinations of "what if" scenarios, so you understand that the results of the first "might" be affected by the second.

I am unclear if you ever found out what that mystery claim was specifically for. I know you asked if they would use the same C&P but what exactly is the second claim for?

Every claim potentially affects every other claim. The claim for increase/IU for PTSD might have taken you from 50 to 70 percent w/ I U granted or denied. That second claim (whatever it is for) might have taken you to 90 (I have no idea, that is just a number to throw out there) and that might change the decision on IU.

I am sorry I cannot give you a more solid answer and I despise the 'hurry up and wait' situation.

Keep your chin up, breathe, the results will come when the come.