VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

So on my threads about my first claim under AMA I stated I put this here to track time and the AMA process.

My claim for Voiding Dysfunction was filed on May 8 2019  and closed June 16th 2019 (according to VA.GOV)

so basically 36 days.

I was denied, and will start writing my NOD.

What is new besides the speed, is that on Ebenefits yesterday I noticed a new entry under my listed Disabilities.

It will be good for others to start tracking this to see if this remains the standard.

It was marked Pending Claims.

Today after visiting VA.Gov and seeing my claim closed I went to Ebennies and looked under Disabilities and the DENIED claims are already showing.

This is a change in process. It used to take some time to get Ebennies updated. usually at least 10 days.

today however, the day after VA.gov says the claim closed, I see the following

It will be good for others to start tracking this to see if this remains the standard

I am tagging in a few people who I know are active here and may have recent claims under AMA.

@paulstrgn

@vetquest

@shrekthetank1

@Buck52

@jamesriley1990

@richard1234

@Oceanbound

@Richard1954

@Amazing Becky

hopefully you all will help track this change. It can alleviate some of the "wait time" stress as we look for the BBE in the mail. If you all see someone asking about processing time for a claim please ask them to track for this notification under Ebenefits Disability link.

Rated Disabilities

Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
bilateral hearing loss 0% Service Connected   08/20/2018
tinnitus 10% Service Connected   11/30/2012
post traumatic stress disorder with bipolar II disorder (previously rated with major depressive disorder, psychotic features ) 100% Service Connected

PTSD

08/16/2018

benign prostate hypertrophy

Not Service Connected    

urinary incontinence

Not Service Connected    

erectile dysfunction

0% Service Connected   08/20/2018

benign paroxysmal positional vertigo

30% Service Connected   08/20/2018

1 hour ago, Wendy Ramirez said:

I was just denied  pigmentary glaucoma, pigmentary dispersion syndrome among other eye conditions as not service connected / congenital/hereditary. Would you be able to speak with me regarding your claim and what was submitted? I provided an IMO, nexus letter, service treatment records and 20 years of civilian eye records - still denied. I am starting a NOD, but not sure what to put in it. I do not have any additional records or details to submit

In my case my eye disability is secondary to steroid use for my service connected Asthma/COPD. Originally,  my eyes were service connected for cataracts caused by steroids , during the surgery the VA doctors placed the replacement lens too close to my iris. This caused pigmentary dispersion syndrome when eventually ( less than a month after surgery) led to pigmentary glaucoma. I was rated 30%. I continued to have problems with the left eye to include loss of sight because of spikes in pressure as high as 43. I submitted new claims of which one ended up at the BVA last year after waiting 9 years for a decision it was denied. Finally after 12 years ( in Feb 2019 ) the VA rated me 60% for the left eye, only after the rating schedule was changed in early 2019. The schedule now allows for a rating based on incapacitating episodes that required medical intervention and treatment. I was rated 60% because I had over 7 treatments for bleeding in the eye, and high spikes, actually within 4 months I received 27 treatments because no sooner would the eye heal then it would start all over again. This problem is a life long problem that can only be resolved by removal of the implanted lens , but because the lens has been in place since 2008, the surgery is a high risk surgery and I would have an 80% chance of a detached retina. I had  backed out of two surgeries in the past but based on the new medical evidence of a week ago ,  I doubt I will have any more surgeries.  I really don't think my case can help you as it went from a secondary service connected issue to an 1151 claim.  All I did was to keep good medical records, from both the VA and Fort Hood Doctors and was frustrated when I kept getting a denial for increase. If they had not added incapacitating episodes as rating criteria  I would still be fighting the system  

Rated Disabilities

Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
bilateral hearing loss 0% Service Connected   06/02/2005
tinnitus 10% Service Connected   06/02/2005
low back strain with degenerative disc disease with left foot drop 60% Service Connected   09/18/1998
residuals of traumatic brain injury, to include memory loss and encephalomalcia involving left frontal pole 40% Service Connected   09/20/2016
right knee sprain with torn medial meniscus, with limited motion 10% Service Connected   02/27/2001

scars, right knee

0% Service Connected   05/17/2018
bronchial asthma with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive apnea 100% Service Connected   01/31/2007

status post cataract extraction surgery left eye with pigmentary glaucoma, pigmentary dispersion syndrome, and optic nerve damage with moderate posterior subscapular cataract, right eye, postoperative

60% Service Connected   02/28/2019

chronic laryngitis with dysphonia

10% Service Connected   05/10/2019
left knee torn medial meniscus 10% Service Connected   09/28/2016
hemorrhoids 10% Service Connected   11/14/2000

claimed anal impairment and loss of sphincter control

Not Service Connected    
presbyopia/astigmatism   Not Service Connected    
epididymitis 0% Service Connected   11/14/2000
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 30% Service Connected   05/03/2005

abnormal heart

Not Service Connected    
sinusitis 10% Service Connected   01/27/2004
allergic rhinitis 10% Service Connected   06/10/1986
chronic right knee sprain with torn medical meniscus with instability 10% Service Connected

Edited by Richard1954