VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Law Blog strategy vs eBenefits

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

I studied Veterans Law Blog and he recommends mailing in your claim and organizing the documents like so (see attached). However, is this the old school way to do it?

The only way to do this on eBenefits is to type everything out and attach it as a file in supporting documents. And it would be a lot of files

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.48.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.48.35 PM.png

478616090_ScreenShot2019-06-24at10_48_44PM.thumb.png.6e48dd3b2ffda2bf5ca51b26ce6e8268.png

Edited by glashutte

• HadIt.com Elder

glashutte

if you get the correct medical records to help prove your claim that should be good enough, if they need more medical evidence to make a decision on your claim they usually let you know, if you send in boo-coo of medical pages  its like the rater is not going to read all of it   they have a certain amount of time to spend on each claim  they just need the medical evidence to what your claiming  so just send them the medical records that pertain to what your claiming , so they can connect the dots.

13 minutes ago, glashutte said:

Should I be worried since my service medical treatment record is 1000 pages long?

again the VA will get your records, what they get and what you have may not have the same number of pages.

VA uses search algorithms to wade through our files and find related entries.

AT this stage don't sweat it. Let them do their job.

By your own statement you only have a day and a half left to meet your ITF date. Worry about the statement contents instead of cross linking and pointing to files. Just put in the dates things happened.

I don't mean to sound harsh but you have let 360 odd days go by, don't miss your deadline getting trapped in minutia that you don't need right now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Geeky is correct

if your sending it in via us post office besure and  get a sign return dated receipt ....like Geeky mention your cutting this ITF Close..if your one minute over the 12 month mark they will send it back and you start all over  there real picky about the ITF dead line.

I believe it is a great letter, get it sent off.  If you have a VSO have them fax it and get the confirmation sheet.  Otherwise do as Buck52 suggested.

Regarding the statement of support:

I have severe GERD and have listed it like this. 

GERD with secondary esophagitis: diagnosed in-service on Nov 1 2016 (pg ___)

Is it also ideal at this point of initial claim application to list symptoms? I have read here that certain symptoms of GERD may result in a 30% rating. Or should I let me C&P exam decide this?

This is what I wrote now, should I shorten this or keep as is for the Statement of support?

GERD with secondary esophagitis: diagnosed in-service on Nov 1 2016 (pg ___). My chronic GERD is severe (emergency room visits), spreads pain to my shoulders (pg ___), keeps me awake at night from chronic pain and prevents me from maintaining a healthy diet due to triggers which causes fatigue These night pains and fatigue has worsened my depression and constant fatigue.