VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% PTSD going to try for 100%

Rate this question

robert51

Question

Well i have been 70% PTSD  PT IU for 13 years now ... I presently live in the Philippines and get this saw a a shrink and paid for it myself for over 10 years , reasons i paid myself was i could not fit my life into their 45 min allotment  two to three times a month...  Well i did manage to get a report written on a SS format and for the most part it says i am not all there most of the time one year i got a fair for being clean and on time . So now at 68 years old i see this budget crap and talk about stopping IU so i thought time to get back in the mix. I have an exam set up this Saturday and another in a few weeks 

To be honest i thought they would just read thru the 10 plus years of reports and decide from there ? This SS blank form has like 30 questions and a score Good Fair and POOR i get 28 poors and 2 fairs almost every year. Should i bring these reports to the cp doc or will that look like i am being pushy? The doctor i see on and off and the off because she gets to much religion into the session .  I am also asking for a shot at other stuff back and knees both shot. 

My connection to the military is too many crashes in helicopters. My back first was hurt when i crashed as a gunner hard landing while wearing my chicken vest front and back . after that i would sit on it to protect my family jewels .   I do have a question for you guys once i got sick really sick in viet nam in a FSB and woke up in Phuv Vin in a bathtub  strapped down with ice was that ma lira ? My temp hit 106 maybe my brain cooked who knows..  

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Robert.

If this is just another "regular" routine exam, yes I would bring them along and ask if you could be P&T as it sure looks like you aren't going to become any younger or better. Maybe the examiner will agree and put you in for it. In any case, make copies, don't give them your originals. Best of luck brother.

Some uppity Senator or Congressperson proposes this every few years, and they have for decades. I doubt that the IU program is going anywhere, but, yes, if you have those forms, Id bring them to your C&P, and submit them on your own with your claim, too. 

I agree with GBArmy on this one.  Just remember to be honest to the examiner.  If you do not feel good do not say everything is fine.  To many times we tell the examiner what we think he wants to hear and not what is actually going on.  100% PTSD is a hard hill to make but it is possible.  

It’s my understanding that even if they stopped IU in the future, any current recipients would be grandfathered. I’m also 70% for PTSD and would love to get to 100 someday..but scared to death of a reduction so I haven’t pursued it.