Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Heatherta4

Question

Good afternoon.  I am waiting on my supplemental claim results from the VA. Nothing has updated in e-Benefits and on va.gov it the status shows that the VA has made a decision (under the status tab) and under the issues tab it says "currently on review - compensation issue". 

Has anyone seen this and know what it means?

Many thanks!

Heather

6 answers to this question

Have you looked on eBenefits under disabilities to see if anything has changed? Any new disabilities or different percentages? That is where most of the time I see the results prior to getting the BBE (the VA decision letter).

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bronc just won the Quote of the Day: " If you count on ebenefits/vet.gov as being inaccurate, and untrustworthy, you will rarely be disappointed."  

Just wanted to post an update that my supplemental was denied but I filed an HLR for the issues. 

Filed HLR 5 July

Informal conference on 5 Aug

1 claim increased, other 2 were identified as an error (the exams weren't done correctly/completely)

Had C&P exam: 30 Aug

VA received exam notes that weekend

Put in decision phase on 5 Sep. That is where it has been  since then.

For those that have documentation, I think the HLR is totally worth it. The person who did the informal conference with me was awesome. I had all my information I wanted them to know in front of me, told my story, gave specifics dates and records where information could be found. That is why they increased my one and found the error of the other. 

When I get the decision from the other 2 issues that required the C&P I'll let ya'll know.