VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Form is Used

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am filing a CUE based on a decision dated 9/24/2018. With the new rules what form am I supposed to use to file a CUE? I had originally submitted in a letter format but I am thinking it will either be rejected or ignored as correspondence.

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 hour ago, seminoles said:

no one seems to have the same answer as to what form to use

Hopefully someone will know for sure. 

I don't know how to link to a prior post, but below are the relevant parts

Is there a special form to file for CUE - Asked by Richard1954

This was asked 5 July

asknod's response - 

DROs beg me to use a 526 EZ to accurately capture the Vet's name, rank, airspeed and tail number in all those squares they are putting on the forms now. You can also file it on anything that floats your boat by law. VA has told us in the last month they are coming out with a new form for that in the very near future. Define "near future". Until then, you can buy one of those metal cutting computer-driven doomoflotchies and file it on 1/64" steel plate. Just keep the sheets down to 8.5" X 11". My favorite is those endless paper towel roles in VAMC bathrooms. Just keep waving your hand in front of the IR sensor until it's long enough...

Berta's response - 

I read this thread too fast- when I posted-----

Asknod is correct, they are using the 526 for everything to include CUE claims.

Kanewnut thanks.

@asknod Alex do I need to re-file on the 526EZ or will the letter I submitted along with the evidence they did not look at (the DBQ completed by LHI)? If I need to do the 526 EZ I will just want to make sure is all.

I submitted my CUE claim using both the 526EZ and  21-4128  statement in support of claim..  The 526EZ is a waste of paper because all you are doing is giving personal information, you still have to explain the reason for the cue.. normally I would just write a letter but I had a claim kicked back last month for being on the wrong form.. so using the 21-4128 just seems to me to be the write form to explain the reason, my CUE was accepted and is now listed on VA.Gov... so I guess I got it right...

Negative on a refiling of a 526EZ. Let it ride and call the VA 800 Dial a Prayer number to make sure it's been filed. If not, then file a 526. Try to avoid filing anything twice or you'll discover how VA can screw up anything.

Thanks Alex. I know it is in their mail portal (I had faxed it in). I will wait and see what they do, hopefully they don't reject it.