VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Form is Used

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am filing a CUE based on a decision dated 9/24/2018. With the new rules what form am I supposed to use to file a CUE? I had originally submitted in a letter format but I am thinking it will either be rejected or ignored as correspondence.

Thanks for the help in advance.

IRIS told me to use form 21-0958 or 20-0955 for the CUE. I am waiting to see if they reject my CUE as I filed it, if they do I will use form 526. I find (which does not surprise me) that the VA really don’t know themselves. This is why vets get so frustrated when dealing with the VA.

Here is part of the IRIS response “For claims decided prior to February 19, 2019, but within the past year, and you have no new evidence to submit for consideration, please use the attached VA Form 21-0958, Notice of Disagreement.

For claims decided prior to February 19, 2019, if you have new and relevant evidence to submit for consideration, please submit VA Form 20-0995, Decision Review Request: Supplemental Claim.”

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth paul....🤨

36 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

how hard is it for them to tell us what form to use.

2 minutes to write it up. 8 seconds to post it to VA.GOV and refresh all the servers across the domain....