Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Renouncing US citizenship, Still eligible for veteran compensation?

Rate this question

von

Question

Hello, im getting married to a Jamaican woman. I do not plan to come back to the united states due to family issues. If i renounce my US citizenship, will i still be eligible for veteran compensation? Thank everyone for their feedback and time. 

3 minutes ago, Hamslice said:

Way too early for me to be typing on here.

So very true.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

23 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

while I am with you in confusion over this train of thought, I have to admit that what other people think is rational, sane or right often surprises me. One example is when veterans turn out to be members of the white supremacist groups or are virulently anti-immigrant. Another is groups that demand "religious freedom" out of one side of their face but then call to ban people of Islamic or Jewish religions.

People are just plain weird.

You're right about that!

BOHICA

Wow, just wow.  You will give up all of your benefits but that is your decision.  

As a citizen and a visitor to other countries cannot fathom why you would want to do this.

Call it temporary insanity and move on from that decision. 

• Founder

Closing no this thread consult an attorney

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.