VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Approved for NVCC Today!!!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I been having problems with the dental clinic at the VA for the last 4 or 5 years  maybe longer than that, so bad they extracted my only anchor tooth for my partials   so now I can't wear my partial plates  top and bottom  the Dentist mention to me that I am not a good canidate for implants  to much bone loss...but he make a big mistake when he said that they can do implants for me but the VA don't do that type of procdure  grafting skin over my gums  ect,,,ect,,   he said the VA will not let them do that..I said what about an outside dentist  he said yeah they can do it  I ask this dentist if he could write me up a consult for private care useing the new VA Mission Act of June 6 2019...he said yeah he can   well this was about 2 months ago and a week ago I went in for a cleaning on what teeth I do have which is just 7 on top middle teeth and 6 on the bottom middle teeth   don't have any side teeth or mollars....any way the dental hygienist ask this dentist about my NVCC Consult...and he said he will write one up for me...today I went in to see my MH Therapist and she had me to check at the dental clinic and ask where in my consult letter is?

I went to the dental clinic today after my M.H.therapy session  and ask,  they said it was approved and my NVCC Coordinator will call me and give me a list of out side dentist... and I can call them to set up appointment...maybe I can get implants  I be so happy .Yahhhhoooo

I am tired of looking like a tooless billy bob from the back hills of Tennessee  ..so now  the  VA Nw Mission Act is alive and well... they have 5 coordinators for each speciality clinic  if your not getting the proper health care AT Your VAMC or they give you the run around or its a procedure that clinic don't do  or your more than 40 miles away  ask for a NVCC Consult

I got Approved today after about 3 months of complaining and going to the patient advocate office..just have to keep on there Ass.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, I'm glad for you; must be a long ordeal. One caution though. You know we are talking VA here. Really do your homework on who your new dentist. They may pay way below market, so maybe the quality of work won't be as good. So, do your do diligence. Check 'em out.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I am tired of looking like a tooless billy bob from the back hills of Tennessee  ..so now  

Careful Buck, you might hurt the feelings of us in the back hills of Tennessee. :rolleyes:

Buck I don't remember if you are retired military or not, but if you are there are several military installations around the US that do dental implants. Walter Reed in Maryland has two clinics (these are training schools but the teacher is there with the student the entire time) and they will do these for free. When I was living around the DC I use to take my two small boys there where they did all their dental work for free. They even put both to sleep to do fillings and even a crown on my boys. They really do excellent work. I know there is a base in the pan handle of Florida that does this as well. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I Agree with ya GB Army

I will be sure to check on who pays for what? I will ask this new mission act coordinator about who pays for what and get it in writing  if he says the Mission Act Pays for everything anf no -co pays or deductibles  for me to pay?

Vetquest  Sorry if I hurt your feelings if your from Tn, but please tell me your not a tooless billy bob..😉 

• HadIt.com Elder

NO Paul  I did my time and got out after Nam.

just a 3 year veteran 1968 1971