Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental in AMA Timeline

Rate this question

Miken2c74

Question

Original claim opened in Nov 2013 (Legacy)

Claimed Denied Dec 2014 (Legacy)

Submitted NOD in Jun 2015 (Legacy)

Opted into RAMP July 2018

Denied Ramp May 2019

Supplemental Claim open June 2019 ( In decision phase now per VA)

Flat feet (aggrivated due to ) From original claim date ( new DBQ, Medical opinion, Nexus, lay statement) On supplemental claim

Knee condition from original claim date  also supplemental claim (New DBQ, Medical opinion, Nexus , Lay statement) on supplemental claim

Back condition from original claim date rated 20%

Fibro Denied

Hip condition denied

I am waiting to see how this comes out (nerve racking)

Yes you will find it is.  The VA is not your friend, it will deny you due to sloppy record keeping or just sloppy rating actions.  It looks like it is time for you to go to the BVA.  When you get your SSOC please redact and post it here so people can advise you on the path most beneficial to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Miken2c74

Welcome to hadit, feel free to ask as many questions as you want/need.

Roger that ! I have been scanning other Veterans sites and this site by far is the most informative. I enjoy reading the post and usually find a post that peaks my interest. So we see what happens.

When I first filed for SC I had no idea what I was doing but of course just like everyone else I expected I had all the info I needed to prove something. I had put my flat feet as a primary and all other disabilities (knees, back, hips, and a couple others ) secondary to flat feet not knowing that definitely does not fly. So I appealed and and through the process (opting into Ramp and other things) I realized that I had no Nexus and when I finally had a C&P exam Aug 2018, which was very questionable to say the least. I said I have to do something different. So I went to a Dr. Orthopedic Surgeon with the medical opinion in tow (Aug 2018), STRs, post service medical records and medical opinion and asked her to please help me. The Dr helped me she was or still is actually a medical examiner, she did an examination,  medical opinion/Nexus (knees and feet) and she said to me that all your evidence is here why didn't they look.  I said I don't know. She said the only rationale she can come up with is the questionable,  and the only C&P exam in regards to these disabilities was not in my favor. She expressed that it was her job to tear the medical opinion and questionable C&P exam apart and she did with ease because I don't want anything that is not owed to me nothing.

Have a question.?

The Dr performed my goniometer measurements while I was sitting on the examination table (feet swinging-sedentary position) due to back condition,  so of course measurements start at 90 degrees.

the results were 78 degrees flexion -12 degrees extension (passive ROM 0-86 degrees) how does VA figure this. Any help

Edited by Miken2c74
needed put something in

So my supplemental claim is in the "Preparation for Decision" and VA.Gov still says Recieved June 11 ridiculous. I have to call the 1-800 to get a status and that how I knew it was in that stage. Interestingly enough I called ebenefits and inquired about why has't my status been updated. The guy on the phone said that VA.gov does have any tech support staff to updates to the system. So I said to him let me get this straight you can file a claim through ebenefits but to check the status you have to go to VA.gov where it may or may not show anything. He said that is correct. I said to him the first thing that comes to mind "that is the most ridiculous rthing I have ever heard in my entire life. he laughed. 

Update:

Called Peggy yesterday 17 September 2019, there was no change on my supplemental claim. This morning 18 September 2019, I received an email from IRIS stemming from an inquiry on the 29 Aug 2019 which it said the claim was closed on September 18, 2019. I don't know if that means the supplemental or the IRIS inquiry I guess we will see. Thank guys