VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is eBenefits supposed to update after HLR?

Rate this question

ed33

Question

Hi everyone,

My Higher Level Review was completed last week. When my initial claim was completed ebenefits updated my "disabilities" section long before I got my decision letter. Does anyone know if the same is true for the HLR? Basically if the decision was reversed should it be already showing in eBenefits? Because it doesn't even show anything about my appeal anywhere on ebenefits.

Thanks

Edited by ed33

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Ed. The results will show EVENTUALLY in ebennies. It is just unreliable, indicates incorrect status from time to time and usually is late or premature. Like I said, just not reliable. The only reliable update is when you get your BBE, your decision letter. Should show in a week or so usually. Rela

1 minute ago, GBArmy said:

Hi Ed. The results will show EVENTUALLY in ebennies. It is just unreliable, indicates incorrect status from time to time and usually is late or premature. Like I said, just not reliable. The only reliable update is when you get your BBE, your decision letter. Should show in a week or so usually. Rela

got it thanks. So I guess there's still hope of an award. I'll just wait for my letter.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, yes. If like you said the decision was reversed. Hopefully, they were truthful to you at the review. And if you have back pay coming, do the math to confirm they didn't short change you also. If not sure, you can also appeal that as well.Go get a cup of coffee and wait. Maybe two cups!

• HadIt.com Elder

Not unusual. Wait for the BBE. Won't be long. By the way, if you are anticipating a big lump sum for back pay, that will also contribute even more to a delay. Good luck!