Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam at the VA

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I have been scheduled for a C&P exam with the VA. I have never had a C&P with the VA itself. My question is what should I expect?

I am concerned that they will be more arbitrary than seeing QTC or other contractor.

What should I expect? It is a re-exam for my back.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

5 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

as you can see, you have NOTHING to worry about!!!

GB you are  too funny...I feel so much better now!

I know the VA has all my records but should I go ahead and take a copy of my last MRI? I usually do this when I see the contractors but this is a little different.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

So very true, I will take them. I know when I go to QTC or LHI they always appreciate it, they tell me they are sent the entire VA file so they have to search for these records.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would take any records, MRI, etc, also. I believe that part of the reason they miss stuff is that it isn't in the file to read. And, they don't do a good thorough job reading the file, partly because they don't have adequate time to do so. I'm not making an excuse for the examiners; it's their job and they should do it, but they have so many exams to get done and they sure could be behind schedule for a lot of reasons. People naturally jump to conclusions based on a piece of evidence. that will provide what they need. I think it has happened to most of us. So that is why we should know what the exam should entail, what the diagnostic code reads, and take notes if the exam is incomplete. If we know what the ratings should be symptoms-wise, if we know what is in the c-file and if we bring our own copies of important evidence, we stand a better chance to get a fair exam. IMO

I think most of the problem is when they VA schedules you for a C&P they don't just send the relevant documentation, instead they send everything so it is easier for them.

But I will take my documents and offer it to them after all the worse they can do is say they don't want them.

Paul, with my last VA C&P I took all relevant records.  The doctor accepted them the same as one of the agencies would.  I will say that I have had VA doctors refuse to see any documentation and refuse to allow my wife to attend.  This usually proceeds a bad exam.  All in all, with the exception of my neurology C&P's, I have had good experiences with VA C&P's.