Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam at the VA

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I have been scheduled for a C&P exam with the VA. I have never had a C&P with the VA itself. My question is what should I expect?

I am concerned that they will be more arbitrary than seeing QTC or other contractor.

What should I expect? It is a re-exam for my back.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul, it is of course important to be sure the doc is on the right page. But my reasoning is for the second reason. You want to support your position that the examiner was incompetent and not only did a poor job, but said unprofessional things to you. If you don't get a favorable C&P result, or, if you don't get a re-exam, you have a good start on appeal. IMO

It is a shame the level unprofessional ism we have to deal with. I understand all ducks have to be in a row and we have to fight.  I really don't know if I could have had the mental fortitude to hold my tongue. I still would have sent the email after I cursed her out. Ridiculous

Edited by Miken2c74
re wording

• HadIt.com Elder

Miken2c74 Of course, you are right, it is a damn shame. It is not supposed to be an  adversary relationship, but unfortunately, it sometimes does when you have someone at the VA, like an examiner or a rater who is not being fair. It is the VA rules, and the only alternative  to losing is to use their rules and procedures to over turn their bad decisions. Or you quit, and go home. And, unfortunatly, too many veterans do just that. That's why we need people like yourself to show them how to get what they have been denied. We can't help everybody, but for those who ask for help, we can give it a try. 

GB thanks for your kind words. I am no lawyer and don't know much about VA law (but I am trying), but what I do know is when someone is being a D@&k. I am a old NonCom Tomfoolery does not sit right with me. If you want to sit down and we talk like we have some sense  I am cool with that, if you wanna f@&ckin fight I can do that too. You know @GBArmy maybe I have found my new calling with this forum. Thanks Hadit family. Paul you hold tight whatever happens we got your back.

Edited by Miken2c74
adding some words

Mike thanks. The one thing I have learned on this site is they have my back as well as everyone else back. This site contains a lot of excellent advice and I am grateful for coming across it.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul that's the way to hang in there(Getting a New C&P)...now if an examiner bends you more than you can take  cry out loudly   Damn it STOP   I can't take this excruciating pain   or at the first slight of pain this is when you need to holler out loud very loud.  don't let them bend you and get your pain started up   ...don't be shy  and cry  OUT very Loudly.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!