VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P results

Rate this question

stumpy579

Question

I have an appeal that was remanded by BVA for a "new medical opinion". The board determined the original C&P exam was inadequate. I had another C&P exam on 17 Oct. On 24 Oct. it was sent the RO. Today on My healthvet in my medical record it says C&P exam will be available 30 calendar days after completion. I have had other C&P exams and they were always available 3 calendar days after completion. Every visit to a VA health provider has always been available 3 days later. The xrays and radiology report from this C&P exam were available 3 days after the exam. Did something change? Has anyone else been denied access to C&P exam in Myhealthvet blue button for 30 days? The records office at VA hosp. where i had exam said they can give me a copy 20 days after completion. Every VA visit has always been available 3 days later,including C&P exams up until this.

image.thumb.png.6a9e093410227c25d322e0091a45de0c.pngimage.thumb.png.6a9e093410227c25d322e0091a45de0c.png

• HadIt.com Elder

stump579   Yes, apparently this is part of the VA's new system. 20 days after from when you took the exam isn't too bad. If it was done at the VA, I think they do still have them available sooner. You might not like it but I doubt if there is a work around for you. Get a hobby or something to keep your mind off of it. Good luck.

Stumpy579 as to the blue button notes, i would say 3-7days average taking weekends into account has always been the gauge. As i recall i do remember seeing C&P done from the VA and my recall to memory is that C&P takes longer. Now not to add a question on your post but i think its waranted' I have had 5 recent C&P's however they were done via Contractors and 2 C&P's are more than 30days old. I have not been able to see anything from these contractor physicians and or DDS' there are no entries as if this did not exist.

This is a question and a FYI.

The VA seems to do everything they can now to prevent you from seeing the C&P's before your claim is processed.  If they were provided by a vendor they will tell you that they are not available until your decision has been processed, at least that is what I have heard from Peggy.  If you are seeing a vendor request a copy from the examiner, they can only say no.  If they are performed by the VA I would still try to get them off of the blue button.  GBArmy's advice about a hobby is good.  The VA moves at glacial speed and checking often is only a way to frustrate yourself.

Just to throw it out there, i was scheduled 2 different appointments for i guess help on a decision for an old claim that was at BVA level. The VA just needed more information after 5 years to substantiate the claim and see if my argument appeal was waranted and the exam was done by a contractor and it was so much better than the VA's exam, this was 30 days ago and 3 weeks ago i got the decision. Still it's like this did not exist in Blue button or va.gov.... anywhere else i have looked into .. my charts.. selecting all data from records in range etc... nothing.. no C&P at all.. FYI

It was changed by VA from 3 days to 30 days. My last C&P was 8/2015 so sometime between then and now this anti claimant change was made. Why was it made? For no other reason than to deny a claimant access to C&P in order to make the process more difficult on the Veteran. In my case the RO has C&P results now and can make a decision well before the 30 days it will take before i am permitted to even see the results. The remand could be denied and back at BVA before i even get to see the results. I could even receive a SSOC before i get to see the results. If the C&P is unfavorable to my claim i need to provide new evidence(IME/IMO) before the board issues a denial. It is another underhanded deceitful method of hindering a claimants appeal rights. If the RO denies my claim because of a bad C&P exam i will have lost a month of valuable time in fighting my claim. You can't fight what you can't see. If the RO denies and sends remand back to BVA do i get 90 days to submit new evidence?              https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/my-healthevet-va-notes-learn-more

Edited by stumpy579

The VA recently made this change. Effective Oct 1, 2019: Nobody can receive there C&P results until 30 after the exam date. This includes in person request or on-line. I wouldn’t hold my breath expecting them to post the results on-line tho, better to go to your nearest VA hospital and request them.

Cheers,