Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

goose_716

Question

Has anyone tried to connect sleep apnea to being caused by working a rotating schedule.  I worked 2 days 2 swings 2 mid for about 13 years out of my 20.  Rest of my career was rotating schedule but it was not as xtreme. 

10 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

If it keeps being said maybe you should consider that the other person has a valid point instead of being indignant about it. It's an ethical thing. You do you.

Since you mentioned ethics...may I remind you that if a veteran is charged and later convicted of making false statements in order to obtain financial gain, the penalty is severe.

On the other hand, when VA employees/proxies make false statements to deprive veterans of their benefits, these falsifications are used as evidence against a claim and VA employees are actually rewarded by the VA for their productivity through bonuses given to employees whose lies fraudulently steal benefits from veterans.

BTW...this rampant policy of VA  bull sugar is why myself and many others have huge hurdles to overcome due to the fabrication of lies(medical opinions)VA creates as medical evidence.

Just business as usual for the VA when veterans get a raw deal.

Edited by 63Charlie

I was saying it’s not ok to charge 10k I don’t care if I can walk on water the rest of my life that’s ten grand better spent to my kids but I figure 500 bucks beats going to another 3 C and P examinations who have no relationship with me ask me about a TBI from a decade ago. Then to just go out get this assessment, I even used it for my SSDI claim that went to a hearing and won with that same assessment, so that 500 bucks was well spent then to be harassed over and over from SSA experts over the phone in a hearing...

On what are you basing ", when VA employees/proxies make false statements to deprive veterans of their benefits, these falsifications are used as evidence against a claim and VA employees are actually rewarded by the VA for their productivity through bonuses given to employees whose lies fraudulently steal benefits from veterans."? Did you 'hear it from a guy...." or what? Ive been dealing with the VA for over 15 years, and other than an appeal because I didn't have enough evidence at the time that I filed the first time, I have never gotten a rating that is any less than what it should be based on my symptoms at the time.

To hear some of the people on this forum and others, you'd think there was a special room next to the Alien Autopsy room at Area 51 where the VA just sits and cooks up schemes to screw veterans, and I get tired of hearing it all the time. It makes it more difficult to work with veterans that need help- both here, and at my VA clinic where I volunteer. They come in all paranoid and non-cooperative from the get go because 'everyone' tells them the VA is out to screw everyone. Im aware of the reports from 2016 about an IG investigation that found some documents had been shredded that affected claims. I don't claim that the VA is perfect, either. But assuming that a fraction of a percentage of documents destroyed is a systemic conspiracy is ridiculous. And, yes, I know about the manipulated wait times at some VA clinics a few years ago. Again, the VA is not perfect, but painting an organization with a few hundred thousand employees as 'out to get  you' is also ridiculous. People got  fired over that incident, too, so its not like the whole thing just went away.

I hear this all the time from older veterans, then newer veterans that have heard it all from the older ones. On and on the wind tunnel goes until it becomes legend. You realize that VA doctors and PA's and NP's are licensed and deliberate malpractice and falsification of records puts their medical licence to practice in jeopardy? 

I come here to help people, not listen to bitching about the VA- thats what the social chat  forum is for. 

Broken . You have a different opinion than I.

No use in wasting time trying to change either of our opinions.

Have a good day.

Edited by 63Charlie