Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re evaluation

Rate this question

Phild523

Question

Hi everyone. I just recieved my rating and am satisfied with what I recieved. How long until you guys were re evaluated for your disabilities? How often do you guys get seen at va for appointments? I have always used private and will still see my private therapist for mental health bi weekly but want to also go to va mental health. How often do u guys go to mental health appointments?

Thanks

Phil

4 answers to this question

I am glad to hear that.  I have outside mental health through Tricare so the VA does not want to see me in their mental health department.  I have only one appointment a year to evaluate my condition.  It is not so bad because with Tricare I can get all of the help I need on the outside and I have a good former military doctor that takes care of me.

I can't speak to Mental health appointments but you can see the Primary care  doctors every 6 months. Specialty clinics , in my case my eyes are every 4 months, my lungs every 6 months,  doctors actually determine when they think they need to see you again... Keep in mind you must have a primary care doctor at the VA to be seen in any specialty clinic, the Primary care doctor will make the first referral to the specialty clinic.

Edited by Richard1954
spelling

• HadIt.com Elder

You can see VA M.H.  WHEN YOU WANT TOO  OR NEED TOO.

Depending on how bad your symptoms are  and what your therapist thinks you need?  some appointments are for 2 times  weekly  some are bi-weekly  some are a month apart  depends on how bad your PTSD is and how you react to treatment.

AS For as getting re evaluate they usually send you back to a C&P after the first 2 years...especially if you don't go to treatment  so you may want to share your private medical records with the VA.  incase you don't use the VA M.H.?

IF YOU USE BOTH THEN THE SHARING YOUR PRIVATE IS YOUR CHOICE..

I RECOMMEND YOU KEEP GOING TO TREATMENT /PRIVATE OR VA  OR BOTH IF YOU FEEL THE NEED.

I am like Vetquest I see my MH doc via Tricare, I don’t need a referral so I can see the one that works best for me. 

All I can say is if you need MH help please get it, it is the best thing you can do for you and your family.