VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VFW problems here in Oregon

Rate this question

Treymon

Question

TWIMC: If anyone has any advice for me it will be greatly appreciated. I am having some problems with the VFW here in Oregon. Every time I ask them for help with my claims I keep being told that their computers are not working or I found out the forms that I have filled out have not been sent to the BVA. I was told that the forms that the VBA received were blank. I have sent in forms for intent to file and various NOD's and the VBA says that they have never received them. I do not know what is going on but would really like to get the straight skinny on what I should do. I guess with this Covid 19 virus going around that they just can't get to it but this has been going on for almost 2 years!

I was working with an elderly vet in Springfield, OR and was told that He was just getting to old to help anymore.

I just got through a total right knee replacement (9th Surgery) and have had two lower lumbar surgery's (Laminectomy fusion L-4, L-5 , S1, and tailbone removal) and revision surgery that required hardware removal due to the off label use of this Medtronic Infuse bone graft mechanism that has caused scar tissue to grow back so that it impinges on my sciatica leg nerves, scrotum, testicles and other things.

I am really getting to where I just don't know what to do about this anymore. I wish the VA would just fix me up so that I could re-enlist!

Thank You for responding to this thread,

Thomas Lawler

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Treymon You have to get a new VSO that cares. You need one that has VBMS availability. I don't know your States's set up, but you may have a county VSO which would be a choice. Or, you could go to your regional Office an get a new one there. Explain and say you just need someone to be responsive. If you're partial to VFW, you could see what they could do for you, or you could chose another. Don't worry about hurting someone's feelings; this is your disabilities you are trying to get benefits for. The new VSO does the paperwork for you so you don't have 2 VSO's. Don't delay.

You have come to the right place.  As far as fixing your VSO, we can only suggest you consider changing.  However, as a Veteran of several VSO's, "disappointment" is the term that seems to describe it best.  Most of us recommend you take over your own.  Its okay if you keep your VSO...they are very handy when it comes to viewing your VBMS file "provided that" they have VBMS access.  If he does not have VBMS access, then ditch your VSO for one who does.  

VBMS access lets you see your cfile in real time.  Its not possible to emphasize how important it is to know what is in your file.  After my 18 years of fighting VA, about 80 percent of this had to do with, directly or indirectly, the VA losing my key evidence.  So, I need to know what evidence they do have.  

It sounds like you are at the BVA.  Did your VSO make sure you had documented all 3 Caluza elements, or did he think Caluza was some kind of  sandwhich similar to Falulfa?  Did he check your nexus statement, or does he think "nexus" is a small car made by a company like Toyota?  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

YES I AGREE WITH GB ARMY AND broncovet, if he is at the BVA?

Sounds like he maybe in the old legacy system?

he should have been notified and and also he should have been sent his denials  and SOC''s AT LEAST FROM THE  VSO  (WHICH IS THE  VFW. AT THAT TIME HE HAS 60 DAYS TO ELECT TO GET IN THE AMA SYSTEM

BUT HE MENTION THEIR COMPUTERS WERE DOWN?

HE SHOULD GO TO HIS RESPECTED R.O. and see someone in charge and get this mess straighten out.  I hope he has copies of everything thing he filed? and when and who filed it.  IF THE VFW NEVER FILED  THEN HE LOSES HIS EED.

lIKE THESE GUYS HAVE MENTION CHANGE YOUR VSO OR DROP THIS VFW   BUT BEFORE YOU DO GO SEE THEM IN PERSON AND ASK FOR COPIES OF EVERYTHING THEY HAVE FILED SO FOR OR THE OLDER VSO THAT WAS HELPING YOU TRY TO SEE IF THESE CLAIMS WERE EVER FILED ON???...THIS WAY YOU WILL KNOW IF THEY EVEN FILED YOUR CLAIMS.

this link ay explain better if he file in the old system?

https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/60912/appeals-management-office-unveils-new-path-to-speed-up-appeals-decisions/

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Just hearing your VSO via VFW say their computer is down makes me want to tell you to get another VSO.  You need to visit these VSO's in person.  My opinion of VSO's is that they are ok to represent you at a hearing , but you must supply the evidence and see that VA gets it.