Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

New C&P exam from same Doctor

Rate this question

USMCNEVERFORGET

Question

Here is my question: Has anyone had a C&P exam, doctor writes an unfavorable opinion about your condition and you get denied service connection. Next you turn in a supplemental claim they deny that new evidence. Next you go to a higher level of review and VA finds error and then sends you a letter telling you this occurred during the claim process. Now today VES the third party contractor for VA currently doing C&P exams with their pool of doctors. Low and behold the same doctor who wrote me a negative opinion last time is scheduled to a new exam. I'm really feeling uneasy about seeing the doctor again for a few reasons. First he was very abrasive with words with me and asked questions in a negative way.  Lastly he wrote a bad opinion and I'm very disappointing feelings towards him right now. Finally I called VES to question the same doctor and VES said it is always the VES policy to have the Veteran go back to the same doctor.  Now I cannot understand this right now. If you go to court and lose then you appeal you don't get the same judge again who ruled against you in the first case. Why am I getting the same doctor again? Does this sound right or is it just me???

• HadIt.com Elder

Same here James

I had a examiner claimed I was Malingering  on a hearing test  and he was not the examiner that gave me the test  so how could his opinion carry any weight,

However a VA Audiologist mention  to him she thought I was Malingering, anyway this VA ENT wrote up a bunch of junk on me trying to get my already 50% hearing loss reduced to 0%  he had done several other veterans this way.

he  just did not want to be veteran friendly to any of us vets,,well I did what I thought I heard them say do during the test you either hear those tones or you don't and when you do hear them you raise your hand  anyway I did everything they ask me to do    this ENT report caused me to Appeal the proposed reduction on my 50% from my R.O.

I simply went got a private hearing test and had this Doc to read my medical records and this report from the VA ENT,   The private Dr tested my hearing and went strictly by the VA Criteria for hearing loss, and my hearing loss according to the criteria warranted another 30%  plus I had mention the ringing in my head  known as Tinnitus to this Idiot several times and he just said well I don't know,  but this private Dr  Dr ate his lunch and pointed out several mistake this VA ENT Made ,

Anyway the DRO GAVE ME THE TINNITUS  another 10% for that...the DRO Hearing at my R.O. went by the private Dr's test and I ended up with a 40%increase instead of a reduction  AND INBREED THE TDIU P&T..

I WENT BACK A YEAR OR TWO LATER AND CAUGHT THIS  VA ENT ON THE ELEVATOR ..I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING TO HIM BUT I SURE GAVE HIM  A MEAN LOOK IN THE EYE...HE KNOWS  HE HAS TO KNOW  HE HAD A BAD REPUTATION AT MY VAMC     LUCKY FOR THE YOUNGER VETS COMING ALONG HE IS RETIRED NOW AND NOT THERE.

Right now Broncovet and I are trying to figure out if they paid my retro correct...but I need to find the IU application when I first filed for the IU and not when this DRO Awarded...its about a 3 year gap  or even longer if they go by when I first filed....evidently they don't go bt when you first filed and was denied @0%  they wait until you are service connected with a %  ...because that's exactly what they did to me.

Unfortunately I guess a lot of my records got lost  that I need now  because the one I need to prove all this is not in my C-file My only hope is I can find it in the VBMS working on that at present.

I ask Alex for help being he has access to the VBMS  but he is to darn busy  helping Vietnam Vets...I am a Vietnam combat Vet myself , I did 2 tours over there 70-72...but Alex is just to booked up  so I called another VA Accredited    Claims Agent Accredited in 2011 and has over 30 years helping us Vietnam Veterans.  so hoping when he gets time  I can ask him to see if this document I need is there  and make a copy of it.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Yes, I also called Alex about representing me. He he is booked up and has more than he can do at this time. Alex went above and beyond in offering to read my BVA decision and offer an opinion. He then took the time to hook me up with CCK. IMHO there is no veterans advocate more dedicated than Alex.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Tell a friend

Love HadIt.com’s VA Disability Community Vets helping Vets since 1997? Tell a friend!
  • Recent Achievements

• spazbototto earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Paul Gretza earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Troy Spurlock went up a rank
      Community Regular
    • KMac1181 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • jERRYMCK earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Our picks

• These decisions have made a big impact on how VA disability claims are handled, giving veterans more chances to get benefits and clearing up important issues.

Service Connection

Frost v. Shulkin (2017)
      This case established that for secondary service connection claims, the primary service-connected disability does not need to be service-connected or diagnosed at the time the secondary condition is incurred 1. This allows veterans to potentially receive secondary service connection for conditions that developed before their primary condition was officially service-connected. 

Saunders v. Wilkie (2018)
      The Federal Circuit ruled that pain alone, without an accompanying diagnosed condition, can constitute a disability for VA compensation purposes if it results in functional impairment 1. This overturned previous precedent that required an underlying pathology for pain to be considered a disability.

Effective Dates

Martinez v. McDonough (2023)
      This case dealt with the denial of an earlier effective date for a total disability rating based on individual unemployability (TDIU) 2. It addressed issues around the validity of appeal withdrawals and the consideration of cognitive impairment in such decisions.

Rating Issues

Continue Reading on HadIt.com
      • 0 replies
    • I met with a VSO today at my VA Hospital who was very knowledgeable and very helpful.  We decided I should submit a few new claims which we did.  He told me that he didn't need copies of my military records that showed my sick call notations related to any of the claims.  He said that the VA now has entire military medical record on file and would find the record(s) in their own file.  It seemed odd to me as my service dates back to  1981 and spans 34 years through my retirement in 2015.  It sure seemed to make more sense for me to give him copies of my military medical record pages that document the injuries as I'd already had them with me.  He didn't want my copies.  Anyone have any information on this.  Much thanks in advance.  
      • 4 replies
    • Caluza Triangle defines what is necessary for service connection
      Caluza Triangle – Caluza vs Brown defined what is necessary for service connection. See COVA– CALUZA V. BROWN–TOTAL RECALL

This has to be MEDICALLY Documented in your records:

Current Diagnosis.   (No diagnosis, no Service Connection.)

In-Service Event or Aggravation.
      Nexus (link- cause and effect- connection) or Doctor’s Statement close to: “The Veteran’s (current diagnosis) is at least as likely due to x Event in military service”
      • 0 replies
    • Do the sct codes help or hurt my disability rating 
    • VA has gotten away with (mis) interpreting their  ambigious, , vague regulations, then enforcing them willy nilly never in Veterans favor.  

They justify all this to congress by calling themselves a "pro claimant Veteran friendly organization" who grants the benefit of the doubt to Veterans.  

This is not true, 

Proof:  

About 80-90 percent of Veterans are initially denied by VA, pushing us into a massive backlog of appeals, or worse, sending impoverished Veterans "to the homeless streets" because  when they cant work, they can not keep their home.  I was one of those Veterans who they denied for a bogus reason:  "Its been too long since military service".  This is bogus because its not one of the criteria for service connection, but simply made up by VA.  And, I was a homeless Vet, albeit a short time,  mostly due to the kindness of strangers and friends. 

Hadit would not be necessary if, indeed, VA gave Veterans the benefit of the doubt, and processed our claims efficiently and paid us promptly.  The VA is broken. 

A huge percentage (nearly 100 percent) of Veterans who do get 100 percent, do so only after lengthy appeals.  I have answered questions for thousands of Veterans, and can only name ONE person who got their benefits correct on the first Regional Office decision.  All of the rest of us pretty much had lengthy frustrating appeals, mostly having to appeal multiple multiple times like I did. 

I wish I know how VA gets away with lying to congress about how "VA is a claimant friendly system, where the Veteran is given the benefit of the doubt".   Then how come so many Veterans are homeless, and how come 22 Veterans take their life each day?  Va likes to blame the Veterans, not their system.   

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use