VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What items did you receive thru Voc Rehab ILP

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm not in the ILP yet because I am still employed, but did purchase a standing desk since I now work from home. It really helped because I switch back and forth from standing and sitting throughout the day. I bought an Uplift Standing Desk v2 with a bamboo top for about $600 last year on sale with free shipping. Not sure if the ILP would cover it for other veterans, but for other vets with issues like mine it might be worth requesting if they don't grant a zero gravity workstation.

i bought a FLEXI Spot-Desk. it fits on top of my current desk and lets me lift and lower it with shocks. its great too if you want other options. 

i also work from home and stand and sit frequently during the day. 

https://www.flexispot.com/desks/standing-desk-converters

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@blahsaysme2uI looked into those before choosing my desk. Good piece of furniture if it meets your needs.

Ok here is my ch 31 independent living program story.

I apply after my ex and I broke up need help.

Well first it was all they offer is hospital items.

I keep ask about my hobbies and interests bed other things to be addressed part of the program.

Ok I had the fight to get them to give me a deny of the items I ask for.

Fast forward I had to do a administrative review. First step to appeal there decision.

My review was send to the head v@re in Washington.

Well the v@re granted a bed computer desk and Cook class in my home to help me learn to cook etc and told them to address my hobbies and interests.

Well my case got back to the buffalo ny regional v@re.

And the head not going to use names.

Choose to not purchase anything and I try to nod for 6 months every time the va would send it down to the v@re and they will not put my nod in the system

Fast forward I apply for smc benfits.

So I never fought it but I got my record from the court.

My nod is in the record she closed my case 2 month after. So I will press the case one day got to much going on.

So I receive nothing after the head v@re told them to purchase  my items.

O last thing during this whole process my vitamin level drop so low from not eating right.

I had to travel to the va hospital everyday to get shots to help increase my levels.

Well I can't shot my self with a needle with one hand so my doctor ordered for the hospital to pay for in home care.

An that is my independent living program story lol.

Last thing the buffalo ny v@re is a different beast.

V@re is a different department and It took for me to upload the nod before it was even put in my record.

She never process it tho. So the case sit closed with a nod that is not Process. Before she closed it.

Don't take veberal denying for items.

You can do a administrative review unless they give you a denail of items in writing.

• Greeter

Personally I don’t like the ILP. I have been approved on a I watch and Apple computer. Still waiting on the official confirmation though. I’ve been in the program for two years waiting. Personally if you only have invisible scars as far as mental health then this program is not for you. I thought they would address my hobbies and interests. But was told no. I personally don’t have the desire to appeal anymore as the Va disability system has worn me out.