VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Length of Time for C&P Exams

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Waiting on a C&P exam for bone spurs (left elbow), back pain, and tinnitus.

What is the average wait time for exams looking like.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pacmanx1 could be right , but as soon as you get your date on your C&P please let us know here.

Due to the covid19  they are now doing some of the C&P by Virtue tele-health  computer screen or by  tele-health phone line.

My VA PCP said she heard they might keep doing these tele-health meetings all the way into next year...?

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck I can see why they might. It's quicker and cheaper for the VA. No travel pay either. So the veteran should get a quicker turn a round, in theory.I think the jury is out on whether or not the exams are done better or worse than in person. I suppose if they publish the data on % of exams resulting in denial from video as compared to in person would indicate how thorough the exams are being done. But if the results are more denials, you can bet we'll never see that data released. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@GBArmy I had an exam about two weeks ago from a claim that I submitted in April. It was a telephone exam. I had a recent work up earlier in the year, so an in-person was not necessary.

Here's what is on the VA's web site about in-person exams: https://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/claimexam.asp

I guess any exams where they would need to perform ROM measurements (musculosketal) or do tests (hearing, labs, imaging) would require in-person visits and likely take longer to get scheduled.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync I think your summary is pretty good. I believe they will continue to have in-person on MH claims as well. I haven't had any c&p's by Tel-health call, but I did have my annual "physical" last month. That was pretty much the same as a regular in-person exam, but I was impressed at how thorough it was. Of course, your mileage may vary. It really has a lot to do, as usual, with how professional the examiner is.

Exams were moving quickly before the pandemic. I filed a supplemental toward the beginning of February, had in person exams March 13, and had the decision on March 17. 

I filed new claims on April 30 and I’m still waiting for in person exams.