• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Advertise Here contact us

Question

Yesterday, the VA from South Dakota called me, by the way I live in Northeast, to ask me if I went to my last C@P exam with QTC which I did, He told me, he is looking for that information so they can finish my Cervical spine fusion claim, has this happen to anyone else?

Ken

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Ken Can't say this has happened to me but get on the horn immediately and call the QTC office where you went. They usually get those exams out quickly, like in a couple of days; that's how they get pa

Given that the caller knew about your recent C and P exam, its likely this was legit.  For example, people call me from "Windows" to tell me my computer is infected.  That is impossible, because I don

5 answers to this question

Ken Can't say this has happened to me but get on the horn immediately and call the QTC office where you went. They usually get those exams out quickly, like in a couple of days; that's how they get paid. Leave a detailed message with the examiner you had and ask for a call back. If that doesn't work, ask for the manager. You want that report to go to your RO right away. If they screwed up, maybe the examiner can piece a report together based on his memory? Tricky, maybe. If it isn't caught in some stupid hang up, you may need to get another one.

• Like 1

The VA calls me "sometimes" but not real often.  According to other Veterans, the VA calls them also.  

But, you should be very careful disclosing personal information to people who claim to be with VA, social security, Microsoft Windows, IRS, etc., but are really hackers.  

Given that the caller knew about your recent C and P exam, its likely this was legit.  For example, people call me from "Windows" to tell me my computer is infected.  That is impossible, because I dont own a Windows computer, I have Linux Mint and Apple.  No windows.  

We really do need to watch for scams.  They are getting better and better.  They used to call me claiming to be from "my bank".  Well, "my bank" knows the name of the BANK!!  They dont tell me they are from "the bank".  Instead they give the name of the bank.  

Ditto if they are from "mastercard visa" to reduce my interest rates.  Well, Mastercard Visa have a name, such as Citibank Visa or the like.  "Mastercard" is not a name..its part of the name.  

Basically, I wont give ANY personal information to ANY caller, since I have no way to verify callers identity.  No SSN.  NO passwords.  No username.  If they dont know who I am and they called ME, then they probably are not the real deal.  MY bank knows my name, address, ssn, username and password.  They didnt have a computer failure and they dont need my username and password.  

• Like 1

Back in 2012 Some one got a hold of my SS# AND FILED THEIR TAXES  Returns Under my SS# not sure how they did this ? without my name?

but IRS called me and told me I had been a victim of Identity thief and go tot he IRS Fed Building ASAP  I did and they told me my SS# Had been used for taxes  return tax a large sum of money..I said well it was not me had to take tons of paper work to prove who I was,  anyway that took over two years before they caught this person but would not disclose the name. they gave me a PIN # to use  to file taxes or anything to do with IRS , which I do not work at all  so  we just file short form and write I am a disabled Veterans on VA Comp  which is non taxable.

but it sure was hard there for two years.  Identity Thief is  Bad and takes a long time to get straighten out with the IRS .

13 hours ago, Ken Dillon said:

Yesterday, the VA from South Dakota called me, by the way I live in Northeast, to ask me if I went to my last C@P exam with QTC which I did, He told me, he is looking for that information so they can finish my Cervical spine fusion claim, has this happen to anyone else?

Ken

well I assume you had the cervical fusion done at the VA?  iF SO  IN THAT CASE YEAH IT'S MORE LIKELY WAS SOMEONE CALLING  FROM THE VA about your claim.

REASON THEY MIGHT HAVE CALLED YOU   SOME TIMES SOME OF THOSE C&P EXAMINERS TAKE THEIR EVER LOVING TIME TO WRITE OUT THEIR REPORT AND SEND IT BACK TO  THE VA.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pctinc2001
      Hadit family,  can anyone give me some advice on how to handle this Appeal process. I recently looked on VA.GOV and noticed this. how do I prepare to win?

• By Gardorum
      What the “couldn’t fully grant your appeal...” means?. The claim in question is sleep apnea and acne. I’m confused, what can be expected from this? Thanks!
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B622YwAqOSf68H3KhqJjQ_vP-n5cILga/view?usp=drivesdk
    • By Glenndawson100
      Hi,
      I received me letter today, and I was denied. This time the error is clear. The Doctor who preformed my ACE examine said my initial diagnoses was Epilepsy then proven to be pseudo seizures. Initially at the ER (and my week long hospitalization after) and for about one month after I was diagnosed with PNES and not epilepsy. However since I kept experience both petite mal and grand mal episodes and then Epileptic medication treatment began to WORK, I was diagnosed with Epilepsy. My doctor in my civilian record's back dated the diagnoses to the May when the first event occurred. I've attached my letter; you'll see that they received my Neurologists note about my treatment since may and then confirmed my Diagnoses on 04DEC2019. Pseudo seizures are only mentioned in my records between May2019-June2019. I think this VES contracted doctor saw the diagnoses labeled in may but didn't review(or care) to look at the LETTER AND NOTE DATED BY MY DOCTOR ON 05DEC2019 WITH MY CONFIMRED DIGNOSES AND THEN UPLOADED TO THE VA ON 24DEC2019. Opinions? HLR or do I wait 3 months to see my VA Neurologist, as I no longer have Tricare to see my UCHealth DR., and have him confirm the diagnoses... I'm only 5 months away from all this stuff lasting a year and getting really fed up with the VA. My first denial was also because of the phraseology used by my ER and Hospital doctors after the first event in may. Hint that's why I had my specialty neurologist who had been seeing my since June confirm my Epilepsy diagnosis... uuuhhhggg.

• By Glenndawson100
      Hi there, Recently actually yesterday the 21st of February the VA gave me notice that my supplemental claim had been decided and that they had sent out the letter that morning as well (meaning the decision was actually made on the 20th). This of course prompted me to check Ebenefits, where I saw no change in my rating. I'm currently rated at 40% for other issues. And in the past Ebenefits updated almost instantly leading me to believe that this supplemental claim was denied. I originally submitted my Epilepsy claim back in august, it was denied about 4 months later due to conflicting phraseology given by one of my doctors (mind you i still have a diagnoses of Epilepsy with 15 witnessed Grand Mal seizures at this point). Once i got the original decision letter I contacted my County VSO's office and set up an appointment. After they reviewed everything they we surprised that my claim was denied as it has a clear nexus and on top of that falls under the conditions; that if they manifest within a year its considered service connected (I separated 02/01/2019, first seizure onset was 05/25/2019). They did review the 112 pages of evidence from my civilian doctors and did see the conflicting phraseology. They told me that if I could get my Neurologist to just confirm my diagnoses and say i was and have been under treatment since 05/25/2019 that we could submit a supplemental claim since that's the fastest route. So that's what we did. That brings us to now. Under the standards for Epilepsy I was looking at a single rating of anything between 80%-100%. An 80% from 40% would have resulted in something Close to 90%. While i'm holding out, since in either case the retro pay (if my claim was awarded) would be greater then 20K that the additional signatures required are slowing down Ebenefits from updating, but as in most cases if the letter has sent and Ebenfits doesn't updated, 90% of the time you Claim/Supplemental/Appeal is denied. ( I mean correct me if I'm wrong). Whats the moral of the story? No matter how much evidence you have to support you the VA will be the VA. I'm lucky that I'm rated for other conditions so that I can at least have the VA help me cut down on the costs of treatment for Epilepsy, but it would have been nice to have it service connected so that I wouldn't have to wait months on months for Neurology appointments since I don't have priority. If any one has any information for me that might help moving forward, I'm all ears as once my letter is received and upon reading of the denial ill be filling an appeal.
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 7 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
    • Help HadIt.com stay online buy a subscription
      If you can afford it and want to help hadit.com consider buying a subscription this gives you as free viewing of the site and allows me to budget in subscription payments.

You can try it for 1 month for $5 or get a monthly subscription or a yearly subscription.

Subscribe here https://community.hadit.com/subscriptions/
      • 6 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines