HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021 ×

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

11%
    $175.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021

Question

Not sure who might know this, possibly @brokensoldier244th, but would there be any reason for a C&P exam being performed (in my record), without me filing a claim during the time I had the exam? It appears favorable with exception to the examiner making a remark toward the end.

I recall sitting down with someone from mental health during that time at the VA because I indicated my issues with mental health during my (presumptive from exiting active duty) left knee claim that was SC'd.

I just find it odd that, even with diagnosis and favorable findings, it was never listed as a disability or NSC disability. I never even knew it existed until recently

I can redact and post exam if needed. Thanks!

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I think the form that you may be searching for in your C-File would be a VA form 119 REPORT OF CONTACT.  It is when a veteran and or his representative contacts VA.  If you had a representative he/she

Foxhound6 When the VA does a C&P, they are supposed to tell you the purpose of the exam. Sometimes they don't. Happened to me as well. I thought it was a routine check on my heart condition but it

Foxhound will this help, 38 CFR 3.157 – Report of examination or hospitalization as claim for increase or to reopen (a) General. Effective date of pension or compensation benefits, if otherw

Foxhound6 When the VA does a C&P, they are supposed to tell you the purpose of the exam. Sometimes they don't. Happened to me as well. I thought it was a routine check on my heart condition but it was for a C&P and didn't tell me. If you said something while a claim was open regarding a MH condition, the note in the file was caught and it generated the exam. Not a bad thing, but you should have been notified. If the exam results in a favorable finding for a disability for you, (sometimes) the VA will give you a rating for it. But sometimes you may have to submit a claim for it using the finding as evidence. I'm sure their M21-1 manual provides enough wiggle room that the VA can get by doing this even though it sounds un-profesional at the very least to the veteran. Wait and see what your decision letter says and go from there.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Foxhound6 When the VA does a C&P, they are supposed to tell you the purpose of the exam. Sometimes they don't. Happened to me as well. I thought it was a routine check on my heart condition but it was for a C&P and didn't tell me. If you said something while a claim was open regarding a MH condition, the note in the file was caught and it generated the exam. Not a bad thing, but you should have been notified. If the exam results in a favorable finding for a disability for you, (sometimes) the VA will give you a rating for it. But sometimes you may have to submit a claim for it using the finding as evidence. I'm sure their M21-1 manual provides enough wiggle room that the VA can get by doing this even though it sounds un-profesional at the very least to the veteran. Wait and see what your decision letter says and go from there.

That's the thing. I was recently awarded on a claim filed in NOV 2019. For the exact same issues as that exam shows and with, I believe, the same evidence. 

When I filed that 2019 claim, I still had no idea that previous exam even existed. 

Perhaps I have an "EED" argument?? Need to do more research. 

I truly need my C-file. Been waiting. Recently reached out to my congresswoman. 

IMHO, before you begin to think about an EED, make sure you review your C-file. Pay close attention to all the documents prior to the date of your original C & P exam and any contact that you had with VA and the VAMC.  It possible, now don't quote me, but it is possible that a claim could have been filed on your behalf by a VAMC doctor or by you contacting the VA Regional Office. Only time will tell.

• Like 1
  • HadIt.com Elder

That should probably be canceled. Unless it’s an RFE but having one a year out is unusual-not unheard of, but unusual. It’s likely that you were scheduled because somebody didn’t document the claim properly before you and scheduled it despite you already having decision. Or you filled a paper claim and electronic claim for the same thing and it wasn’t caught so it was processed as its own claim. 

it also could be inferred by a rater after the fact. I see that sometimes, too, to correct an error where something in the contention wasn’t addressed because the vsr didn’t order the exam and attach the documentation correctly.