VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Packet that never arrived by U S mail.

Rate this question

Albsalin73

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

i THINK SOME OF THEM VA Employees do not listen to us when we call

I had a veteran get a  Letter of proposal to reduce his benefits  because he did not respond to a C&P then say they sent him?  veteran did not recieve that letter telling him about the C&P?  But he received the reduction letter, the VA wrote him a nasty letter saying that  you got this proposal letter  and you should have recieved the C&P EXAM LETTER FOR THE DATE  OF THE Exam location of the EXAM TIME AND Date ..this Veterans swears he never got a C&P EXAM  LETTER ON SUCH AND SUCH DATE OR HE WOULD HAVE MADE THAT EXAM  WELL THEY SENT HIM ANOTHER PREPOSAL TO REDUCE.

I HAD HIM TO SEEK A GOOD ATTORNEY  AND DO IT WITHIN THE 30 DAYS OF HIS PROPOSAL TO REDUCE LETTER  OR CONTACT THE VA and let them know your appealing this whole shebang 

I had the VA in Roanoke send a denial letter to an old address I hadn't lived at in three years. All the other correspondence had been sent to the correct address. No one is going to convince me that this wasn't done on purpose. Everyone needs to keep up with their case and the dates things are due. 

On 11/4/2020 at 12:50 PM, Albsalin73 said:

I contacted the RO and they told me they knew nothing about the claim.  I sent them a letter with copies of the notification I received on VA.gov.

Ten days later I called again to ask if they received the letter.  They said they hadn't.  The post office never returned that letter to me.  Did the same thing by sending that letter to Janesville.  They answered that they had received my claim for the "Freedom of information".  I hadn't even filed such claim.   All I wanted was a clarification of what was going on and wanted to know the content of the decision letter.  Have not received anything in regards to closing of the appeal having been granted service connection for PTSD on a claim since February of 2013.

I see a name mentioned here "Peggy".  Who might she be?

• HadIt.com Elder

Peggy is the nick name we use to call the general info line at the VA. 800-827-1000. Not always the most reliable or up to date source of info but may provide some help. Maybe not.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:51 AM, GBArmy said:

Peggy is the nick name we use to call the general info line at the VA. 800-827-1000. Not always the most reliable or up to date source of info but may provide some help. Maybe not.

The following notifications were on my VA.gov when I accessed it to refill prescriptions in May of 2020:

Your authorization review claim

Your claim decision is ready                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  We finished reviewing your claim on March 11, 2020.  We sent you a packet by U.S. mail that includes details of the decision on your claim.  Please allow  7 to 10 business days for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center.  If you haven't received the packet with the full details of your claim decision yet, you can see your rating by going to your disability page in eBenefits. Check your disability page in eBenefits for your rating.

Disability compensation appeal updated on November 25, 2015

Status:  The Veterans Benefits Administration granted your appeal issue on appeal

Issue on appeal:  Service connection, Post-traumatic stress disorder

Submitted on:  February 25, 2013

Appeal  received  February 2013

Current status

The Veterans Benefits Administration granted your appeal

The Veterans Benefits Administration agreed with you and decided to overturn the original decision.  If this decision changes your disability rating

for eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

This appeal is now closed

issues:  Service connection, Post-traumatic stress disorder      Granted             ("Granted")  in green

Peggy claims to know nothing on this matter, so I'm sittin here speculating with no packet, no correspondence whatsoever.

I have a feeling the RO is under some directive from above to look ignorant of the matter.

Try contacting BVA directly and asking them 1(800) 923-8387 or (202) 565-5436.

4 hours ago, Albsalin73 said:

I have a feeling the RO is under some directive from above to look ignorant of the matter.

Please forgive me but some of the employees that work at the Call Center act like they just started yesterday or they pull a SGT. Schultz’s " I Know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing".