VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another new one for me, a contracted C&P

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Another new one for me.  Just got the call from "LHI Care" (?).  All my previous exams have been done at the VA hospital.   

The good.  They are scheduling the C&P thirty minutes from my home.  The place doing the exam is the same place where I had my rehab for my plantar fasciitis a few years back.  

The bad.  I have never done a contracted exam before (so at least I will know what you Veterans are always talking about). 

The ugly.  I am schedule for lower back, spine, shoulder/arm, esophagus and hiatal hernia.  This place had no doctors, just physical therapists, so not too comfortable on the Barrett's Esophagus/Hiatal Hernia part of the exam...

I took a quick search of LHI in Hadit, and see they look like a 50/50 satisfaction rating, LOL. 

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Hamslice

I will be studying the associated DBQ's before hand, and taking copies of my medical records with.

Well, this isn't the first time I've felt this, but I think someone at the VA reads theses posts.  Must have shook a tree.

So, now, apparently the place they said I was going didn't respond in kind, I got a message on my phone and an email from LHI Care.

So, now my exam is in two weeks and now only 25 miles away.  However, it is at a motor lodge (motel) and the examiner is coming from six hours away.  And, now, not a Chiropractor, but a family NP.  

Services

DBQ ABDOMINAL, INGUINAL AND FEMORAL HERNIAS

DBQ MUSCLE INJURIES

DBQ ESOPHAGEAL CONDITIONS INCLUDING GERD, HIATAL HERNIA AND OTHER ESOPHAGEAL DISORDERS

NEW DBQ SHOULDER AND ARM CONDITIONS

NEW DBQ BACK (THORACOLUMBAR SPINE CONDITIONS

Not quite what I had claimed, but close enough for "horseshoes and hangernaides" 

Well, at least I'm on the calendar,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can

• HadIt.com Elder

I've had a couple where they ask you if I didn't have a problem driving 70 miles. I know that they can also ask if you would travel further than that. I believe you can continue to deny long distances and request it be done at the VA, but with these new Covid restrictions you may have to wait a very long time to get it done at the RO if you do.

I had aC&P by LHI, if I remember correctly, in a mobile home in a motel parking lot in N.H. last fall. Sounds a little fishy, but I'm not surprised about any of these facilities we have to go to for these contractors. It worked out fine for me.

Got a call from LHI yesterday saying the exam is cancelled and will rescheduled.

Got a call this morning asking if 3-1/2 hours away is too far, cause they can't find anyone closer.  I said that would be fine.

They are going to call back with a date.

Life in the sticks,

Hamslice

At least when I went to the local VA clinic for my Covid Vaccine on Friday, I got to choose between the two shot or the single shot vac.  Took the one and done.  No side effects so far, cross fingers.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hamslice  3 1/2 X 2 is a long day. Check to see if LHI will reimburse you also for meals; the VA will. In fact, if you are scheduled later in the day on a long commute, the VA also will pay for an overnight stay, although I'm sure there are some hoops you have to jump thru to do it. But you aught to at least get meal money out of it anyway; it's only fair.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ham,  have you requested the Visual meeting?  they are going to start doing more and more of those , its been proven effective and cost free to the VA During the covid19 crises and just knowing the VA they will invest in computers and internet for the Veterans  that need it.

Most examiners do not put their hands on us  for flexion...they just say raise your leg  or knee or arm whatever in the case would be  and let him know the first sigh or feel of pain  ect,,ect,,, usually just questions we can answer.

I guess there are some C&P meetings we need to Attend.

I am not so sure they will pay for a C&P EXAM  TRAVEL PAY OR ACCOMDATION.???

I know they WOULD NOT  pay for anything when I went 120 miles to my DRO Hearing at my R.O. They specifically mention that in my letter addressed to  the Hearing. LOCATION AND TIME DATE  ect,,,ect,,,,  But That maybe different   having a C&P?

GB Could very well be correct  check it out.