VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hopefully some really good info for all soon!

Rate this question

Confusedvet1

Question

Pretty stocked and can't wait to get this info and share it.

I recently submitted an iris claim asking about the 10 day policy of waiting after letter is sent with a decision and why they can't make it available online immediately and rationale for their policies etc.

I've spoken to 2 people so far at the Peggy line and both have said that they are jealous (one actually is asking to have the info sent to their management team) of the information being put together for me and that they hope I like to read. One told me I better share this info with other veterans as well so my hopes are high for some really great information to share.

Hopefully more to come by end of next week at latest.

9 minutes ago, Confusedvet1 said:

so I called back and spoke with another supervisor who reopened the iris inquiry for me because my questions weren't addressed at all in their response to me.

again, par for the course....i hate calling Peggy.....it upsets me so much and ruins my whole week everytime i have to call there!

Update:

I got email response withing 45ish minutes I think after talking with Peggy. However again they didn't answer my question so Monday I'll call again and open the inquiry again and I'll contact my congressional representative of they don't answer again and file a foia for the information that was going to be given to me that wasn't. 

Here is the answer I got this time. Which didn't address the specific policies , regulations , and rationale.

Either way I'm going to keep this inquiry open until they answer my questions so they can't later say I didn't keep it open and I must of been satisfied with the answer.

This e-mail from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) is in response to the inquiry received on June 4, 2021 regarding clarification on policies and procedures.  In order to provide fair, consistent, and equitable treatment to all service members and their families, laws and regulations have been set forth by Congress.  The Department of Veterans Affairs is required to adhere to the laws initiated by Congress in order to protect the integrity of our mission.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please see our other contact information below. ***Please Note: This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email.  Please do not reply to this message. 

Thank you for your service,
Regional Office Director

4 hours ago, blahsaysme2u said:

again, par for the course....i hate calling Peggy.....it upsets me so much and ruins my whole week everytime i have to call there!

Ask for supervisor and keep calling back and asking for supervisors. I've found there are helpful people that care about doing right thing then there are just as many who don't care and want to get you off phone by telling you any half truth that works.

Don't forget if you ask for supervisor they have to transfer you, it's there policy.