VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hopefully some really good info for all soon!

Rate this question

Confusedvet1

Question

Pretty stocked and can't wait to get this info and share it.

I recently submitted an iris claim asking about the 10 day policy of waiting after letter is sent with a decision and why they can't make it available online immediately and rationale for their policies etc.

I've spoken to 2 people so far at the Peggy line and both have said that they are jealous (one actually is asking to have the info sent to their management team) of the information being put together for me and that they hope I like to read. One told me I better share this info with other veterans as well so my hopes are high for some really great information to share.

Hopefully more to come by end of next week at latest.

10 minutes ago, Confusedvet1 said:

That's crazy, it should take that long to send a specific exam report.

My decision was sent on the 8th, and I didn't get it till the 28th.  I apparently have a letter coming from the VA sent on the 14th, and it's not here yet, on the 1st.

I ordered tires and inner tubes for my tractor from Indiana, on Friday and I got them on Monday.

Maybe the VA should use Fed Ex,

Just sayin,

Hamslice

21 minutes ago, Hamslice said:

My decision was sent on the 8th, and I didn't get it till the 28th.  I apparently have a letter coming from the VA sent on the 14th, and it's not here yet, on the 1st.

I ordered tires and inner tubes for my tractor from Indiana, on Friday and I got them on Monday.

Maybe the VA should use Fed Ex,

Just sayin,

Hamslice

Why is it that the VA seems to be stuck in the 80's with their correspondence.   I called the 800 number a couple of weeks ago because my letter was going on 2 weeks. The guy told me it should be there tomorrow but if it's not call back and we'll email it to you. Why not email it in the first place?  Seems like it'd be a lot quicker and save money.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Remisdad Low priority. In the mail??? It takes now 3 weeks to receive a decision letter to me from the date of the letter. Best we can do is count 10 business days, not counting the decision date and not counting Saturdays and Sundays. Then you can call and request them to email your decision. Takes them 5 minutes; they do it right away. If you get a hassle, ask for the supervisor. If you still get a hassle, get his or her name and what VA regulation or policy are they using to delay. It's BS. 

This is all new letter are coming from intake center now add days to get them.

Some letter we have 30 day to respond. And there take 15 day away just in the mail process now.

I had one that was mail out may 18 and it just show to be delivered today by my USPS informed mail app.

I would tell everybody to get this so you can have a screenshot of when the letter was delivered To them in case  it goes in response time.

On 7/1/2021 at 4:39 PM, GBArmy said:

Remisdad Low priority. In the mail??? It takes now 3 weeks to receive a decision letter to me from the date of the letter. Best we can do is count 10 business days, not counting the decision date and not counting Saturdays and Sundays. Then you can call and request them to email your decision. Takes them 5 minutes; they do it right away. If you get a hassle, ask for the supervisor. If you still get a hassle, get his or her name and what VA regulation or policy are they using to delay. It's BS. 

The actual regulation regarding how long you have to wait before they can email letter is contradictory. It states 10 mailing days then also says 14 calendar days while I've gotten the operators at national call center to admit 10 mailing days includes Saturdays.

Ive spoke with multiple people about making people wait and they have said it's about protecting veterans LOL. There are "privacy" concerns about making the letters available immediately online. You also can't waive that privacy concern and I have yet to get an explanation on how waiting 10 mailing days makes your privacy anymore protected.

My problem with all this is that it effects your due process rights IMO. For example you get a final decision letter from BVA and you see part of it is denied. Well you don't know why they denied something until you read it. BUT you only have 120 days to file with US court of appeals which starts the day they mail the letter. Problem is they don't actually mail the letter the day they say they do and they make you wait the minimum of 10 mailing days before sending it to you electronically. So not only does the justification for their policy not make sense but it also deprives you of time to get your appeal ready and submitted.

When I brought up the fact that I can see my VA medical records online they said it's a different department in VA with different policies.