VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hopefully some really good info for all soon!

Rate this question

Confusedvet1

Question

Pretty stocked and can't wait to get this info and share it.

I recently submitted an iris claim asking about the 10 day policy of waiting after letter is sent with a decision and why they can't make it available online immediately and rationale for their policies etc.

I've spoken to 2 people so far at the Peggy line and both have said that they are jealous (one actually is asking to have the info sent to their management team) of the information being put together for me and that they hope I like to read. One told me I better share this info with other veterans as well so my hopes are high for some really great information to share.

Hopefully more to come by end of next week at latest.

• HadIt.com Elder

Confusedvet1 You are right; it does effect your process time. It's the VA rules and if we don't like it, we don't have to play the game. If they mail on the date that is on the letter, I could buy the argument I have to wait 3 days. Not 3 weeks. After 3 days, which is a reasonable time to allow the USPS (efficient organization that it is) to deliver, we should be able to get the email upon request. This 2021, not 1950. Instantaneous info available in seconds! It isn't about protecting the veteran at all. It is the fact that it speeds up the appeal process if you get a denial and want to challenge. They are not looking to make it easier for veterans to create more work for them.

Just thought I would update again. Still nothing lol. I emailed the FOIA office again asking for a tracking number if available so I can track it's progress online. I haven't heard back about they either which is strange but I'll give them another week or so and reach back out.

Getting close on this. National call center is being problem child and I feel like I'm finally figuring out why the VA sucks. The main problem is the fact that the VA is so decentralized it can't be effective which effects morale and retaining good employees. 

I'm working with FOIA people and provided them with a recorded call that the national call center did not provide them to hopefully get this sorted. 

Just curious...

In your geographical location do you have a VA Office?  Here in Oklahoma City we have a VA office in the Federal building and when I get a decision I can go there the same day and they download the decision and any C&P exams done.   I've never had a problem with getting this and it is a walk-in basis.  I wonder if you have an office like that might you get your information faster?

• HadIt.com Elder

Pqwmbi You are lucky; the official stance by the VA is you have to wait for 10 business days to request paperwork if you had not yet received it in the mail. It's nice that your RO is progressive like that but it isn't what usually happens.

On 8/17/2021 at 1:55 PM, GBArmy said:

Pqwmbi You are lucky; the official stance by the VA is you have to wait for 10 business days to request paperwork if you had not yet received it in the mail. It's nice that your RO is progressive like that but it isn't what usually happens.

OH wow I didn't know that.  I thought this service would be available at any Veteran Affairs' office.  I'm going to find out exactly what they are.  I know its the Veteran Affairs department because its in the federal building with other federal agencies.  But when I'm there getting my documents, they ask me if I want them to file a HLR or appeal.  So they are some arm of the VA that are advocates is my sense but I'm find out as much as I can and I'll give that info because, this is not something that should be region specific.  I agree that the VA has that 10 day rule but I'm not sure how that impacts when a Veteran goes down to pick his information up from these Veteran Affairs offices.  This is interesting.