Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We think Spouse was approved for the A&A?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

We're not 100%sure yet because it's only been a couple weeks since we got the return receipt back from Janesville Wi  Pension Intake Center. For my Spouse A&A Claim.

Was checking our BANK account yesterday And it shows a deposit of 804.45 from the VA  For periods from Jan 1st 2021  to June 1st 2021  don't say why?  we have not got back anything from the VA.

We have  the  informed delivery mail, we can see on the computer what it is before the mail man delivers  it it shows A form from Janesville Wi VA is on the way  but we have not recieved it yet?  maybe tomorrow?

if this is what it is that sure was FAST!!!

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Sounds very promising! If you have a VSO with a POA, they can look in the system and tell you exactly what that is. My informed delivery email from USPS is a bit odd. It might show three items due to arrive. I get one in the mailbox, then hours later the other two arrive. The previous administration forced the USPS to change how they operate. They used to only do one delivery per day then go back to the post office and do whatever. They were forced to perform multiple deliveries per day, at least around here according to my post office clerk.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Buck,

If you go on Ebenefits, and where it lists your disabilities, instead of disabilities, hit dependents.  Then select your wife and it will show the A&A award if you did indeed win.

Good luck,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Actually, they changed it a bit, I just looked.  Select dependents and she will show up and under award it will just say compensation.  Which means she is getting compensation.

Hoping for you,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank  you Vync  and Ham .

We will just wait and see when the letter comes in.....should be tomorrow?

I think if it was approved they maybe going by her Dr's letter dated the 1st part of Jan, what had happen we waited and waited for her Dr letter to come here at the house,   well it sit on her Dr Desk for months,  we called the Dr Office and ask them if they sent his letter he was going to write for her?...  his Nurse went looking for it and found it under a stack of magazines  on his cluttered up desk  so his Nurse called us and told us she found the letter and apologized  and sent it to us that day,,We got the letter I don't remember what date was on it but it was around the 1st part of Jan 2021  maybe the VA Approved her due to this letter and went by the date on it for retro?

were just so supprised it is was so fast..we anticipated  a long wait for this and expected a denial the first time around.

Just can't never til about the VA some times.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck A&A for a DEPENDANT is a fairly underused/unknown VA benefit. It goes to compensate the disabled veteran because his own disabilities is an added burden for a disabled or housebound dependant. We just started to get it for my wife's condition; $129 a month at my 80% rate. !00% should be an additional few more for this SMC. My understanding is that since your doc determined she can't function , like leave the house, the comp is considered "static" and you don't have to submit anything again unless her condition really approves.

• HadIt.com Elder
43 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Buck A&A for a DEPENDANT is a fairly underused/unknown VA benefit. It goes to compensate the disabled veteran because his own disabilities is an added burden for a disabled or housebound dependant. We just started to get it for my wife's condition; $129 a month at my 80% rate. !00% should be an additional few more for this SMC. My understanding is that since your doc determined she can't function , like leave the house, the comp is considered "static" and you don't have to submit anything again unless her condition really approves.

Yes. the total monthly amount was for 160.89   for 5 months -=804.45, the amount of the deposit.

We had no clue how much they paid  every little bit helps , I guess they didn't have to pay that but it will sure help us, I am thinking they may add the 160.89 on the end of my comp each month, my spouse is still not able to walk or get up without help, she can't cook anymore  or until she is better , she just had the Neck and Back  fusion ACDF /PCL/STAGE 1 C3-C7  STAGE 2 C3 T1

Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion (ACDF)  and the  Posterior Cervical Laminectomy (PCL)

The surgery they went in through the front of her throat to enter the front part of the spinal area  and during the 8 HOUR surgery they rolled her over and went in through the back of the neck and back part,  & they call that common spinal surgery eh!!

I don't see what's common about it..unless they mean they do  boo-coo of those type surgery's this was on May 18th she is still somewhat stiff and sore and needs another 2 months to heal and the Dr will do MRI and see how things are looking. she spent 7 days in the hospital after the surgery she home now and I am her caregiver cook and chief & bottle washer...she has been through the ringer during her lifetime..5 major surgerys including quad triple heart by pass,  stomach surgery's  three of hose, hip surgery, , eye surgery, Congested heart problems, she had a bad seizure  in 2014, she has other disabling conditions too  to many to list.

She Will be out of order for a few months  until she can heal and have more mobility.

My son wife Grand mother Just passed away a few months ago and she had one of those  Fold & Go Electric Wheelchairs, they gave it to my spouse and I Can put it in my truck/car fairly easy,  it weighs much less than her other power chair,  I had a Hard time getting it on and off the carrier on the hitch of my truck, this new Fold & Go wheelchair is a God Send to us.  if the Batteries run down I can push it like a regular wheelchair. it lays flat and hooks closed and ya just pick it up and put it in the auto , weighs about maybe 50/60 lbs  I have to be careful I have a Hernia  and need surgery my self  but need to wait for my spouse to get better, we have no one else to help us.  one of our reasons asking for A&A

I AM PREPARING FOR A VA Historic Audit on my Adjudicated 2002 Claim And request an EED and the SMC S H.B. Be applied back to the date I was granted the TDIU P&T Dec 10 2002..  to Oct 2 2015 to  the year I did get the SMC S H.B. For a Separate and distinct claim of 70%  siteing Howell vs Nicholson.. I have a lot of discrepancies from April 1998 to May 7th 2003 that need corrected and I hope its all in my favor. 

if they use the year Howell decision DATE that  was  03-23/2006 and that be ok too.

will see how all that goes?

We will see what happens?