VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We think Spouse was approved for the A&A?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

We're not 100%sure yet because it's only been a couple weeks since we got the return receipt back from Janesville Wi  Pension Intake Center. For my Spouse A&A Claim.

Was checking our BANK account yesterday And it shows a deposit of 804.45 from the VA  For periods from Jan 1st 2021  to June 1st 2021  don't say why?  we have not got back anything from the VA.

We have  the  informed delivery mail, we can see on the computer what it is before the mail man delivers  it it shows A form from Janesville Wi VA is on the way  but we have not recieved it yet?  maybe tomorrow?

if this is what it is that sure was FAST!!!

I am so glad that things worked out for you and your wife, as you sated every little bit helps. 

I AM PREPARING FOR A VA Historic Audit on my Adjudicated 2002 Claim And request an EED and the SMC S H.B. Be applied back to the date I was granted the TDIU P&T Dec 10 2002..  to Oct 2 2015 to  the year I did get the SMC S H.B. For a Separate and distinct claim of 70%  siteing Howell vs Nicholson.. I have a lot of discrepancies from April 1998 to May 7th 2003 that need corrected and I hope its all in my favor. 

I am also glad that you are preparing to finally request an audit. We all know that the VA makes mistakes, but we also have to accept that some of those VA's mistakes are on purpose. I am not sure if I could be considered a disgruntle ex-employee, but I have seen the VA do some really horrible things and I am still fighting for some of my benefits after the VA granted me 100% schedular P & T and has repeatedly asked me if I wish to withdraw my claims on appeal. The retro/back pay can really add up very quickly.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck I knew she was recovering from major (common???) surgery and all but man she really has gone thru a lot. And what it sounds like, she will be housebound even after "recovery" with everything else she had, so that's why it is awarded. If you didn't get your decision letter yet, you can go into ebenefits and click on to "My Benefits & payments". Under Supplementary Benefits it should show Spouse A & A.  I you go to VA.gov and the "letters" section it will show your new current monthly award amount, which will include your extra SMC. You might want to look up if there is a limit on how many SMC awards you can have, based on your current rating. I believe it is limited on certain levels of SMC.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you pacmanx1  & GB for helping me file this A&A Claim for my spouse , I thank all you guys for all your help we APPRECIATE  EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU GUYS.

GB, I do get the SMC S H.B. but I did not get it inferred to me when I got the TDIU P&T  back in Dec 2002, I got it on Oct 2015 For a separate claim I filed for PTSD,  Since I was rated the IU back in 2002  And when I was granted the PTSD 70%  On Oct 2-2015   that met the SMC S H.B. And I was granted it then   (IU =100% PLUS 70%  =smc s h.b...but I (imo) should have been inferred to me as a statutory  rating  Thanks to Mr Howell,  from the Howell va Nicholson  Decisio on March 23 -2006.  because I could not leave home for work...anyway not sure this will fly..but I am going for it  and see what happens  if they approve it  that means about 35/40 grand or maybe more? plus I may get a better EED if I do  that will give me my 20 year protection plan  OR I MAY GET NOTHING...  LOL  DON'T HURT TO TRY OR Request the Audit

broncovet got his  and they shorted him his 2 dependents  he filed for that and they sent him another check for that.

so we got to really check these Dates of awards and payments to the T.  No telling how many Veterans got screwed by not reading things..I know I am guilty of it.

• HadIt.com Elder

One thing is for sure, the number of times that the VA short changes us on EED has to be a policy. It means saving a lot up front for their budget, and often, the veteran is so happy to finally get the award they don't run the numbers, or, just don't want to deal with it anymore. If it really was a "mistake", the VA could fix it by training. Since it is getting worse, not better, the VA sees it is in their best interest not to train. I hope you get your correct back pay; $35K can buy a lot of beans. Good luck on that.

Buck, that is Wonderful News on the A & A benefit for your wife!!!!!!!!

This means also that we do have good info here on how this benefit works.

The VA web site really seems to focus on vets and spouses with a pension or survivors but, I am so glad you applied because this could affect any of us DIC widows as well as other member's spouses here.   Thanks for pursuing it !!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Well the approval letter never came in today ?, we received the letter them telling us they got her claim and if I need a exam  one of the exam contractors  or the VA will let us know ..but they put $$ 804.45 in our Bank Account Sat, IT SAID va compensation from 1 -1-21  to 6-1-21  for 804.45.

... my spouse is out of order  she can't walk  or dress herself  due to the surgery she had May 18th  on her back and neck spinal cord Fusion, she is healing along pretty well  still have her neck and shoulder cast on they take it off next week.and then she wears a neck brace..

and today I was out in our back  yard trimming some overgrown .

Crape Myrtles  and dang near cut my finger off...chain saw hit a hard spot and it kicked up and over to my left hand I was holding the limb to be cut  and the chain part of the chain saw caught my left finger next to my thumb, its a pretty nasty cut.

Now I am out of order... this is all we needed...and I WAS BEING CAREFUL  ,WE CAN'T AFFORD TO HIRE SOMEONE..BUT THE TREES OUT BACK WAS TAKING OVER  LOOKED LIKE A JUNGLE AND THEY CUT OFF THE WIND BACK THERE.

NOW I GOT A half hanging finger....can't go to ER Can't leave my wife..its a pretty nasty cut,  cut into the bone on my first finger and thumb the chain cut in the middle of my left first finger. NEXT TO MY THUMB  IT NICK MY THUMB  bUT IT DID GET MY FINGER PRETTY GOOD .I clean it and got the bleeding to stop  CLEAN IT and put some Neosporin ointment on it and a wide Band-Aid that has some type of medicine on it wrap it with a wide gauze tape....will know more tomorrow  rather or not I need it amputated,?  they may can sew on back on or stitch it it up.

Well it is what it is... sure didn't need this to happen to me.  grrrr

Edited by Buck52