VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We think Spouse was approved for the A&A?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

We're not 100%sure yet because it's only been a couple weeks since we got the return receipt back from Janesville Wi  Pension Intake Center. For my Spouse A&A Claim.

Was checking our BANK account yesterday And it shows a deposit of 804.45 from the VA  For periods from Jan 1st 2021  to June 1st 2021  don't say why?  we have not got back anything from the VA.

We have  the  informed delivery mail, we can see on the computer what it is before the mail man delivers  it it shows A form from Janesville Wi VA is on the way  but we have not recieved it yet?  maybe tomorrow?

if this is what it is that sure was FAST!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck This can be serious. I had a similar accident; ended up a lot of stitches and loss of feeling due to nerve damage. We all learn by making mistakes. But a chain saw cut is nasty in that you have to be very careful of infection, and if you don't seek out medical care you can end up with an even worse condition. Like loss of use of your entire hand or even arm.  How are you going to help your wife then?Time is really important. Pull out a favor and get someone to cover for you while you go to the emergency room. Things can and sometimes do get worse. Do it!!

Congratulations on your win.  I have no idea how you "get knowledge" of mail before it comes, so would like to find out about that.  

My advice is to take care of that thumb, if it gets infected and you have to go to the hosptial, its gonna be much worse than leaving her a few hours to go to the ER.  Take her with you if you have to.  

You can not help your spouse much if you are in the hospital.  

Tetanus is a real possibility.  It comes from getting cut especially with rusty objects.

You need to get a tetanus shot.  I have cut myself before and they pretty much always gave me a tetanus shot.  

You have enough health problems now, without having to deal with an infection or tetanus.  

https://www.cdc.gov/tetanus/index.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I did go to the VAMC   E.R.Today   , My son came over  to be with his mom  while I drove myself to the va

wait about 3 hours or so and finally seen  a E.R. Doc, he cleaned it out  deaden it and sewed it up 17 stitches, it wasa deep cut   cut into part of the bone  like Nip it, Doc Patched me back up and gave me a Tetanus shot..and prescribed 7 days of Antibiotics .

waited at the Pharmacy for it  and drove back home...I feel better now  it just needs to heal up.

Thank everyone for your concern and advice,  broncovet & GB Army, Vync,  Hamslice  and pacmanx1  &  Ms Berta.

broncovet  you can go to your local US Post Office  and sign up for the Pre-Informed Mail Delivery.   you can sign up on the compute also.

Now Back To Business  to figure out this Historic Audit  and Maybe a Claim for EED?

I'm Good.

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck This can be serious. I had a similar accident; ended up a lot of stitches and loss of feeling due to nerve damage. We all learn by making mistakes. But a chain saw cut is nasty in that you have to be very careful of infection, and if you don't seek out medical care you can end up with an even worse condition. Like loss of use of your entire hand or even arm.  How are you going to help your wife then?Time is really important. Pull out a favor and get someone to cover for you while you go to the emergency room. Things can and sometimes do get worse. Do it!!

We're all glad to hear you got to the doc, Buck.

Now, get back on the VA-claim horse!

If the injury does not make progress healing, go back right away to ER or doc.  

My son went to the doc after a leg injury, and later got MRSA infection, probably from the hospital where he got sewed up.   He had to be hospitalized and could have lost the leg or worse.   While our family is not "lawsuit conscious", he probably could have sued the hospital.  However, how could he prove he did not remove the bandage and expose the wound outside the hosptial?  

Incredibly, when I got my TKR, my doc "did not" want me in the hospital more than overnite.  He says the chances of infection in the. hospital are , incredibly, higher than at home.  I guess it makes sense, there are hundreds of sick people in a hosptial, coughing and touching stuff, but none in my home.  

Given you did not go to the doc right away, you definately could have exposed the wound to MRSA anywere.  The people who owned your home before, for example, could have had it and left traces of bacteria somewhere.  

No, Im not a germaphobe.  As a good friend said, he is not AFRAID of electricity but he certainly respects it.  

This would apply to germs, too.  

Bacteria are on virtually every surface, on our skin, especially our hands, and on our food.  Its not even best for your health to eat ENTIRELY cooked food (cooking kills bacteria), because we need the enzymes and "good bacteria" of fresh fruits and vegetables to digest our food. 

Its the reason babies put virtually every thing in their mouth.  

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Its not even best for your health to eat ENTIRELY cooked food (cooking kills bacteria), because we need the enzymes and "good bacteria" of fresh fruits and vegetables to digest our food. 

I for one would not eat medium rare red meat, the bacteria in it are also not good for your health. Took a science class and now I make sure my food is cooked not burnt but cooked.  In this day and age everything is bad for you even drinking too much water can kill you.