Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Major Depressive Disorder

Rate this question

Combat eng

Question

Had a C&P exam and these are my symptoms that the Dr checked. Depressed mood, Anxiety, Chronic sleep impairment, Flatten affect, Disturbances of motivation and mood, Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships, Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work and work like setting, and Suicidal ideation. I looked at the criteria and it seems to rate around 50% as l see it. Does anyone see it differently? The Dr checked the box that says Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity. McRay the Dr noted that I have low acute risk of suicidal ideation. This isn't just a one off suicidal ideation is mentioned in other section of my medical records.

Edited by Combat eng
More info

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I WOULD SAY 70%  , DID HE CHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS 

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name.

IF  THE EXAMINER CHECKED THIS ABOVE   YOU SHOULD GET A 100% RATING

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

The suicidal ideation will probably bump you to 70. But you never know with these raters. What did she say about risk of harming yourself or others?

It also depends on frequency. Saying it once is not ideation, even in the clinical sense. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

OP, probably 50. Your criteria are pretty close to what mine were 8-9 years ago. But its also based to the totality of the record

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you get an IMO? If you did not you should.  I had 30% and I got it bumped up to 70% via a good IMO.  The VA was just determined to keep me at 30% even though I was unemployed and disabled.