VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Retroactive pay 7 months after approval for TDIU

Rate this question

Jesse Baker

Question

Was approved for TDIU ON FEB1, 2021.  I am having issues getting any straight answer from the VA as to when i will receive my pay raise and retroactive pay.  I spoke with the fiduciary hub today and they told me that the funds were approved for release on Aug 17Th, and now its up to the Appeals Management Center to do whatever it is they do to make the deposit happen.

does anyone know how long THAT could take, or did i just get another canned answer?  Any advice, encouragement, or the number to the AMC would be greatly appreciated.  Everyone i talk to have said that i shouldn’t have waited this long. 

thanks!

• Lead Moderator

I did the WH and got some response, but what got mine of the finish line was contacting all of the congressmen her in Nebraska.  One of the Aids were able to get it done within about 30 days.  They will ask you to fill out a release so they can check on it on your behalf.  Remember the sqeaky wheel gets greased.  

2 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

@Mr cue,

Totally agree! Even with the "Three Step" process used when veterans have 20K+ retro coming to them, which should take 4 months max.., a year is just ridiculous!

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

It shouldn't even take that long! I've gotten multiple retro payments over $20K and I got my money shortly after I saw that my claims were approved through eBenefits. I've always gotten my retro even before I got the decision in the mail from VBA. 

My most recent retro payment was $29K in Aug. 2020 and I got it quickly. 

There's no excuse for it taking a year. 

Yes, it is a canned answer.  Typical government employee deflection.  Probably a member of a Federal union.  What worked for me is a US Representative staffer essentially harassed the VA by calling them every week and asking questions.  The VA soon expedited my case and did everything they said they could not do.  VA employees can make anything happen when they are being investigated.  If you ever find you are getting canned answers and deflection, stop working with the VA.  The VA just wants you to go away.  It's because they are underfunded and can not support all of the Veteran cases from hospital care to disability/compensation.  And of course, no fault of the VA, they have to deal with a lot of scammers like Mrs. Navy, "well, I guess I could claim PTSD."  You "guess?"  LOL.  If you have a real case and the VA is denying you or moving too slow, get a lawyer and a member of Congress on it.  VA employees do not like scrutiny and they do not want to go to court where their corruption will be massively exposed.  A member of Congress, a lawyer, and a judge are all going to be asking VA employees to provide reason.  Trust me, they won't be able to provide it.  The VA is just a massive government agency that runs itself and the majority of its employees are do-nothings that just wanted a government union job.  More surprisingly, yes I have met them, there are people that actually hate Veterans and Military.  At the end of the day, the VA does not want to help you.  So, you have to go outside for answers and bring the law back with you.  When law gets involved, the VA will start to make things happen.  Sad, but true.