VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Retroactive pay 7 months after approval for TDIU

Rate this question

Jesse Baker

Question

Was approved for TDIU ON FEB1, 2021.  I am having issues getting any straight answer from the VA as to when i will receive my pay raise and retroactive pay.  I spoke with the fiduciary hub today and they told me that the funds were approved for release on Aug 17Th, and now its up to the Appeals Management Center to do whatever it is they do to make the deposit happen.

does anyone know how long THAT could take, or did i just get another canned answer?  Any advice, encouragement, or the number to the AMC would be greatly appreciated.  Everyone i talk to have said that i shouldn’t have waited this long. 

thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

Jesse Welcome to Hadit. Congrats on your successful win! Covid may have its part in the delay, but your digging shows the release on Aug. 17th; that's a blink on the VA's back pay money machine. Less than 2 weeks, so that is really where you proceed from. I'd call "Peggy" at 800-827-1000 and ask what they can tell you, but don't count on it being accurate or up to date. If you have a VSO or someone that could look into your file, I'd certainly try that, but again, I doubt if it would be very helpful. Or, you could submit an IRIS request or contact your Congressman's office. They may get results but I don't know how quickly you would receive an answer.  The point with the Congressman would be financial hardship. Be sure to check your direct deposit with your bank; most likely it will show activity of pending deposit before your actual notification from the VA. Sorry, but it is part of the VA's process called the hamster wheel. But keep at it!

9 hours ago, Jesse Baker said:

Any advice, encouragement, or the number to the AMC would be greatly appreciated.  Everyone i talk to have said that i shouldn’t have waited this long. 

Congratulations!

Due to the fact that this was an appeal, several factors may delay your payment. Contact the VA to make sure they have your correct banking information. Factors that can/may delay your payment, Appeal processing time, COVID-19 and the amount of your retro pay could slow your payment. When I was awarded an EED (EARLIER EFFECTIVE DATE), it took the VA a little over a year before they release the funds to my account after contacting them several times.  

Congratulations!   You posted you spoke to the "fiduciary hub".  If you have a fiducuary, you will need to contact your fiduciary.  

A fiducairy is supposed to manage your funds, and they may allocate some portion of that to you as an allowance.  They pay your bills.  

Its possible your fiduciary has already received payment, IDK.  

My wife is my fiduciary and has been for the past seven years.  When I spoke to the fiduciary hub, they advised me (and my wife because they literally couldn’t talk to me)that everything that needed to be done by them had been approved on Aug 17, 2021 and was at the Appeals Managemnt Center in DC awaiting them to release it.

thanks again

I also wanted to add, my VA Field rep put me in for a financial hardship about four weeks ago.  The Fiduciary hub told me they could tell where that had been done as well.  Lucky for me my field rep was my last 1SG in the army and knows my situation.

Check the VA.Gov web site. Section where you can see payment history may help. When a payment is approved and pending, it can show up there with a blank date. If the payment is pending you will know, but not the date because it will show up as N/A.

This happened to me recently. 

Edited by pwrslm