VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has anyone ever had bad luck using DAV?

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

I decided to use DAV to help with my appeal. When I went in to see the lady and I was very disappointed. She basically argued with me about my appeal, she couldn't figure out the dates on my claim, and she couldn't answer my questions without sending the question to someone on the other end of her computer. I took it for about 30-45 minutes asked for my paperwork back, I told her have a nice day and left. I was mad all day! Lol. I guess I'll go back to my VSO. I really don't know how this lady got her job because she knew nothing. Anyway I hope everyone using DAV has better luck than I did. 

• HadIt.com Elder

When we need access to the VBMS THEY SHOULD GIVE THE PASSWORD TO EVERY VETERAN THAT ASK FOR IT/ OR PUT ON MYHEALTHVET...AND HE  HAS THE ONLY ACCESS HIS/HER RECORDS.

TO ME THATS FAIR..I MEAN AFTER ALL THERE OUR RECORDS.

SOME  VSO;s like to have the power over the VETERAN  and like to watch us  /suffer

WHEN  DAV VSO TELLS YOU TO TAKE WHAT YOU GOT  YOU DON'T WON'T TO ROCK THE BOAT...IT'S TIME FOR THAT VETERAN GET GET AWAY  AND FIND SOME ONE WITH YEARS OF EXPERINCE...LIKE COME TO HADIT

I  AM TRYING TO FIND A VETERAN FRIENDLY VA CERTIFIED ACCREDITH CLAIMS AGENT WITH ACCESS TO THE VBMS, ONE THAT WILL LET YOU SIT BESIDE HIM AND LOOK AT YOUR OWN RECORDS...WE NORMALY CAN FIND WHAT WE NEED.

I KNOW FOR A FACT  SOME OF MY RECORDS ARE NOT IN MY C-FILE  AND I NEED THEM NOW.

I AM WISHING THEY  PUT THE VBMS AVAILABLE TO ALL VETERANS  OR PUT IT IN THERE MYHEALTHVET.

i HERD THEY ARE DOING AWAY WITH MYHEALTHVET   MID/ SPRING.

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck52, I agree with you but I doubt the VA is going to do the right thing and make our own records accessible to us entirely. It would open up all kinds of appeals and claims for their errors and more importantly, to the VA and Congress, a whole boat load of financial hits. They just ain't going to do it IMHO. No one is going to convince me that the 3 proposal to change MH, Tinnitus and SA is in the best interest of the veteran. Tinnitus and hearing are the two most disability claims. If they make tinnitus a symptom of hearing and not a stand-alone disability, how much will that save the VBA is payouts annually?  Beaucoup, brother.

They aren't going to give you access to VBMS because that system has more than just your file in it.  I agree we should have access to see our records but Veteran's would crush the system asking questions about process and timelines and other information included in VBMS especially all the Veterans that think they know more than the VA.

If "Veterans crushed the system", then the system needs improved and scaled.  If facebook, google, the IRS, medicare, and a bunch of other websites can handle millions of clicks per day, then the VA should be able to do so likewise, given the billions they have spent on IT systems.  You are likely right, that it may not be able to handle it, but it should.  

Aye, I was directed to the DAV back in late 2019 after years of other avenues.  At the onset, the DAV was utterly brilliant and with their help I was able to have a SC injury fully understood (from 0% to 40%).  However, after I went back to the DAV for assistance and was completely ignored.  Not a single email was answered.  Would I recommend the DAV?  Perhaps. 

• HadIt.com Elder

BG Army I agree with ya  the VA in no way is going to give us access to VBMS.

JUST WISHFUL THINKING.

HERE IS SOME STUFF MILITARY .ORG   PUT OUT ABOUT THE CHANGES IN THE RATING SYSTEM...(NOT SURE HOW REALIBLE IT IS?)

https://usmilitary.org/big-changes-coming-to-the-va-will-overhaul-veteran-disability-evaluation

CLICK ON ''more of military.com, tht will take you to the preposed rating changes,  at least they say if Veteran is already ready for MH&Tinnitus then this change won't affect his ratings.

Edited by Buck52