Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Benefits for Veterans with 100% Disability Update via VA.gov

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

In this episode of the SITREP, Paul discusses 14 different VA benefits that Veterans qualify for when they are receiving 100% Service-Connected Disability:

(1) VA Disability Compensation,
(2) Additional Compensation for Dependents,
(3) VA Health Care,
(4) Travel Allowance,
(5) VA Dental Care,
(6) VA Home Loan Funding Fee Waiver,
(7) 10-Point Hiring Preference,
(8) Direct Hire,
(9) Concurrent Receipt of VA Disability and Retirement Pay,
(10) Burial and Plot Allowance,
(11) Uniformed Services ID Card,
(12) Veteran Readiness & Employment,
(13) Dependents Educational Assistance Program,
(14) CHAMPVA. See below for additional information regarding these programs.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

2 answers to this question

I will add to the list above.  MOST STATES also have benefits for disabled Vets.  Many offer things like:

1.  Reduced or even NO property taxes on your home.  

2.  Some offer free license plates, free hunting or fishing license, free parks pass (the National Parks pass offers disabled Vets a lifetime pass). https://news.va.gov/60590/disabled-veterans-eligible-free-national-park-service-lifetime-access-pass/

3.  Also not included above is that you may be eligible for things like wheel chairs, power chairs, Adaptive equipment, if necessary, and you may even be eligible for a service dog.  (Tbird knows something about that one, I think). 

4.  For more information on your states benefits, try here:

https://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-state-benefits/state-veterans-benefits-directory.html

5.  Many private companies offer discounts for (disabled)  Veterans, such as free meals on Veterans day, and/or Veterans discountss on things like Hotels, meals and more.  I found the military discount on hotels to be HUGE.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Florida is pretty good about benefits for P&T vets.  That is all they are good about for middle class.  No state income tax but few benefits for seniors and poor.